Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
    Does anyone know on the retrofitted 777-300 (currently SQ237 & SQ228) if at row 12A/12K, is it a window or windowless seat?

SQ seat map does not designate 12A/12K as a windowless seat, so seeking clarification.

There are seats in Row 11, but only 11D/11F at the centre, not at the side. I believe at row 11 there is no window too, as the side is the closet/partition & aircraft door is nearby.

For the IFE, I heard it is not similar to those 77W/388/A330?

IFE is just S3000 with a new interface.

Comment

• Thanks NickC.

Seems like at row 12, there is only 1 window there isn't it? Missing one window it seems.

Comment

Thanks NickC.

Seems like at row 12, there is only 1 window there isn't it? Missing one window it seems.
        You will get 2 windows instead of the regular 3 windows, the middle one is missing...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
          You will get 2 windows instead of the regular 3 windows, the middle one is missing...

Thanks Dent@SUB

Is a very good close up. Seems the legroom is good as well.

Comment

• I would go for the first row if you want to sit on these new regional business class seats. I found the footwells for the other rows too low and my feet tend to get stuck in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
              I would go for the first row if you want to sit on these new regional business class seats. I found the footwells for the other rows too low and my feet tend to get stuck in there.
              I'll be taking SQ237 for the first time to melbourne with my wife and booked on 11D/F but now a little concerned since the 2 seats appear to stick forward towards the toilets.

Is the legroom on row 12 (sides) and 11 (centre) similar? Good enough for ease of person seated at the window to access the aisle? If so, I may swap for the side rather than stick to the centre seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                I'll be taking SQ237 for the first time to melbourne with my wife and booked on 11D/F but now a little concerned since the 2 seats appear to stick forward towards the toilets.

Is the legroom on row 12 (sides) and 11 (centre) similar? Good enough for ease of person seated at the window to access the aisle? If so, I may swap for the side rather than stick to the centre seats.
                This is the row 11D/F....

This is the row 12A/B.....

These 2 rows have similar leg room. I was sit on 12A and I'm 180cm, and got no problem crossing my neighbor to reach the aisle...

Comment

• Thanks,

Looks like the side is a better option, then. 11D/F seems to have a view of crew activity. May be a bit of a nuisance for those trying to sleep.

Comment

• I just took this aircraft last week, I agree row 12 side is better than row 11 centre, row 11 centre has view of crew activity & is near the curtains which can be quite a nuisance.

Comment

• anyone knows if SQ830 SIN-PVG and SQ835 PVG-SIN is retrofitted with new regional business class seats for flights in mid-May? thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by dttj0069 View Post
                        anyone knows if SQ830 SIN-PVG and SQ835 PVG-SIN is retrofitted with new regional business class seats for flights in mid-May? thank you.
                        http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7473

Comment

• SQ228 (77A) tonight landed at T2 instead, I cannot check out which destination is the 77A being used next.

SQ237 will be on 77W again tonight.

Comment

SQ228 (77A) tonight landed at T2 instead, I cannot check out which destination is the 77A being used next.
                            Probably just out for a couple of days of its monthly TLC... it's going nowhere hahaha...

Comment

I just took this aircraft last week, I agree row 12 side is better than row 11 centre, row 11 centre has view of crew activity & is near the curtains which can be quite a nuisance.
                              i was seated in 12A on SQ831...went to the lavatory more than usual and felt bad about drawing the curtains on the guy in the mid...

Comment

• Anyone got any Koito seats they would like to donate ?.

A dedicated advisory board is pressing airlines with Koito Industries-manufactured passenger seats to donate seats for confidence testing, as it seeks to determine if a safety issue exists on Koito models installed on in-service aircraft.

The board, comprising Airbus, Boeing, Koito, three airlines and safety regulators, has already spent several months reviewing available data from Koito, which admitted earlier this year to fabricating test results on as many as 150,000 seats on 1,000 aircraft in the world fleet.

Questions surround Koito's 16g and 9g structural testing, as well as its flammability test data. Multiple sources tell ATI and Flightglobal that Koito used its own rubber stamp to falsely indicate that some seats had cleared tests by the Japanese Civil Aviation Bureau (JCAB).

Airbus is currently performing confidence tests in addition to its work on the advisory board. While Airbus so far has found no evidence of seat anomalies, the airframer says it is "too early to say" if EASA or the FAA will issue airworthiness directives as any AD "would depend on the results from the confidence testing".

The advisory board is "encouraging airlines with Koito seats to donate seats for confidence testing", adds the European manufacturer, which has not offered aircraft with Koito seats since last fall, when EASA withdrew production organization approval for Koito.

Boeing, meanwhile, only recently stopped making Koito seats offerable on its new aircraft. The company, which has a team on-site in Japan assisting Koito, says that while "some non-compliances were found, no safety-of-flight issues have been identified" during testing.

Boeing says it is still working with airline customers that have existing orders "to ensure Koito is delivering seats that meet safety and design requirements".

However, some existing customers have abandoned their Koito orders. Continental Airlines, a large customer of the Japanese firm, has opted not to have Koito seats installed on its new Boeing aircraft, and has endured lengthy delivery delays on several Boeing 737-800s.

Continental says Boeing "is providing us with an interim seat made by B/E Aerospace and we expect to take all of the aircraft by the end of August".

Koito's ability to deliver on its commitments is also in question, however. Five A330-300s destined for Thai Airways International have been parked at Bordeaux for months.

The airline in a recent statement said it has picked German firm ZIM Flugsitz as its supplier of economy-class seats for the A330s should Koito be unable to confirm its commitment to the carrier by 20 September.
                                http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...seats-for.html

Comment

Working...
                                X