Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Seats in the Refurbished 773s (77A / 73A)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a huge point, but no mention in the press release about the whY seat itself.

We are all assuming it will be the new whY seat (A380,77W,A330), but merely mentioning new seat covers is a little disconcerting. (Have I missed something?)

Does the new entertainment system mean new seats?
    I now also recall that the new whY has a larger PTV than the old whY...which makes it all more unclear.
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
      is SQ currently at a position to excercise on any of the 13 77W options?
      Yes, the 13 777-300ER options are still exercisable.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        Yes, the 13 777-300ER options are still exercisable.
        I wonder why SQ hasn't exercised the 77W options? SQ can really use more 77Ws. Besides, at the current economic climate, SQ may even be able to accelerate delivery.

Comment

• More redemptions ex-SYD

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            I wonder why SQ hasn't exercised the 77W options? SQ can really use more 77Ws. Besides, at the current economic climate, SQ may even be able to accelerate delivery.
            The problem is the latency between order and delivery. Certainly, SQ could use the extra 777-300ERs now. However, to have them now SQ would have needed to exercise the options a few years ago. At that time, SQ decided to exercise the WhaleJet options instead. In retrospect, that turns out to have been a mistake, though it was a reasonable decision based on the information available at the time. (At the time, I argued that it would have been wiser to order the 777-300ERs due to the lower risk.)

If SQ were to exercise the 777-300ER options now, there is a good chance that they would arrive just in time for SQ to wish they had ordered more A350s instead. I suspect the ship has sailed on the best opportunities for the 777-300ER.

Comment

• It's possible that the Panasonic eX2 is backward compatible with it's predecessor, the Matsushita System 3000.

Comment

• The entertainment system is an enhanced Krisworld S3000 (AVOD). New User Interface (on screen menu that looks like eX2)

Y seats are the same (old) with new pillows, blankets and colors.

Comment

• Originally posted by mec View Post
                  Will they be re-upholstered? I presume so

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Will they be re-upholstered? I presume so
                    Yes.. in Givenchy colors

Comment

• New Layout available at below link

The new 777-300 seat plan is available at the following link:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...00_Layout1.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by mec View Post

So it's not really the new Y.
                        More like the old Y with enhancements.

Comment

• The F class seats are using only seven windows - looks like the install the very same F seats on the 77A as on the 77W. Fully flat beds with no angle require 8 windows for both seats. Pity SQ doesn't listen and learn.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            The F class seats are using only seven windows - looks like the install the very same F seats on the 77A as on the 77W. Fully flat beds with no angle require 8 windows for both seats. Pity SQ doesn't listen and learn.

Caveat: Assuming they're installing the 77W F seat

The seat design requires the footrest portion to be exactly in the position it's in.

To eliminate the sleep angle, you need pitch (which they seem to have oodles of), and then you either they get a higher seatback which covers the new wider gap when folded down, or lengthen the footrest, again, to cover the gap.

PD isn't cheap. It's going to cost money to redevelop (I can think of additional support near the knee area required) - It's almost a totally new seat in that regard.

It's also going to be cheaper to keep spare parts for one type of seat than keeping spare parts for 2. Commonality is the name of the game for them at least in this instance.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

PD isn't cheap. It's going to cost money to redevelop (I can think of additional support near the knee area required) - It's almost a totally new seat in that regard.
                              Uh, what's PD ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
                                Uh, what's PD ?
                                IMO - Product Development.

Comment

Working...
                                X