Vancouver service suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
    Its very sad that SQ thinks that they will just route all passengers to YVR via the US. Not everyone can or want to go through the US enroute to Canada. SQ will just lose out in the end.
    I'm sure SQ realize that they will lose some passengers to CX and other carriers.

Comment

• Well they lost my business.

First the A345 non-stop lost Y+, then SIN/LAX lost the 77W and now no YVR. I didn't relish the prospect of having to negotiate SFO or LAX for my return from Canada in January (hoping that weather didn't delay or cancel my connection, let alone US Customs) so CX got my money.

I'm booked ADL/HKG/LAX and YVR/HKG/ADL.

As a result, no overnight transit in HKG, which I would have to do in SIN both ways and the choice of 2 daily flights to LAX and from YVR.

Means I miss out on trying the new SQ A330 from ADL but it will be interesting to make the comparison with CX having never flown them before, I get to try the CX A330, 77W and A340 and to see if the new CX seats are as good as they are saying.

Strange that CX can offer 2 daily flights to LAX and YVR but SQ can't.

Comment

• Any news on any other *A airline picking up the YVR-ICN-SIN route?

I know Korean Air does it.

Comment

• Originally posted by soak01 View Post
          Strange that CX can offer 2 daily flights to LAX and YVR but SQ can't.
          As it is, SQ is already offering 2 daily flights to LAX - SQ12/11 (SIN-NRT-LAX) & SQ38/37 (SIN-LAX). SQ will need to negotiate more fifth freedom rights should they want to increase the frequency via NRT or any other airport as a stopover to pick up passengers.

CX is operating from its home base (HKG) and it exercises its sixth freedom rights by carry passengers between 2 countries with HKG as its stopover point. SQ would love to do SIN-HKG-SFO/JFK but they are restricted to just 7x to another destination which in this case is used by SQ2/1 SIN-HKG-SFO.

For many years, SQ ops were to 3x by the Canadian government and without a 7x freq, yields will definitely be low with a lack of flexibility among travellers. Singapore has a open skies deal with Canada, but this is for non-stop ops and as it is the loads do not warrant a ULH service.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            The wonderful Ms M, who has helped me out of some big problems over the years, that a number of us know well, has been with them 20 years.
            The "Divine Ms. M" and some colleagues are now at Air China in Vancouver. In an attempt to improve its customer service, Air China has hired some of the best from SQ. I am very happy for the staff and Air China.

Comment

• Interesting... will consider CA for flying to YVR next time... very interesting indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by yvrguy View Post
                The "Divine Ms. M" and some colleagues are now at Air China in Vancouver. In an attempt to improve its customer service, Air China has hired some of the best from SQ. I am very happy for the staff and Air China.
                Yes, I got an email from Ms M this week as well and am very pleased to hear that her and some of the girls have got fixed up. They were a fabulous asset to SQ in Vancouver and looked after me very well for a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by yvrguy View Post
                  That's wonderful news indeed!

This might be a good chance to try CA out again as I haven't flown them in a while, certainly not in the last decade (which is ironic considering I do have a couple of good memories of flying them: CAN-PEK in an IL6 in the 80s and SHA-PEK-FRA in a 747 in the 90s)
                  Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Reviving an old thread... anyone thinks the A359 would make SIN-YVR nonstop services viable?

Really doesn't make sense to transit in LAX or SFO...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ36 View Post
                      Reviving an old thread... anyone thinks the A359 would make SIN-YVR nonstop services viable?

Really doesn't make sense to transit in LAX or SFO...
                      I think so for one. YVR should never have been pulled *sigh*

Comment

Working...
                      X