Paid upgrade on single leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
    Some airilnes (unsure about SQ) allow paid upgrades (not full J-fare), but rather US $500 to $800 for one-way upgrades.....
    Yes, but not on SQ. OP has purchased tickets on SQ already.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamwatch View Post
      Oh, just realised we don't even get to accrue miles. That's mean SQ, very very mean. ...
      W fare should earn miles. Maybe it is not a W fare? You can upfare to W, or to Y/B/E, by paying for the difference if you want to earn miles. Are you flying on Wednesday?

I think it is a good idea to afford you the options of forgoing miles and save money, or paying more and earn miles.

Comment

Oh, just realised we don't even get to accrue miles. That's mean SQ, very very mean.

I will now go and sulk.
        From SQ website:

Most booking fares are eligible for accrual of KrisFlyer miles. However, Economy Class tickets issued in V, Q, G, N or T booking classes on Singapore Airlines and V, Q, G, N, T, W or L booking classes on SilkAir are ineligible for mileage accrual.

So, W on SQ should be accruable.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
          W fare should earn miles. Maybe it is not a W fare? You can upfare to W, or to Y/B/E, by paying for the difference if you want to earn miles. Are you flying on Wednesday?

I think it is a good idea to afford you the options of forgoing miles and save money, or paying more and earn miles.
          Pedant mode on:
          4 segments all coincidentally falling on a wednesday? I'd think it'd be impossible if there's no stop in SIN.

Off the top of my head, there's no LHR-SIN flight that doesn't arrive on a different day.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            From SQ website:

Most booking fares are eligible for accrual of KrisFlyer miles. However, Economy Class tickets issued in V, Q, G, N or T booking classes on Singapore Airlines and V, Q, G, N, T, W or L booking classes on SilkAir are ineligible for mileage accrual.

So, W on SQ should be accruable.
            Of course, they aren't much use to me, but it's nice to say I have some. lol

Thank you for all your responses. As usual you've been very patient with the peasants that fly at the back of the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
              Some airilnes (unsure about SQ) allow paid upgrades (not full J-fare), but rather US $500 to $800 for one-way upgrades. If the flight has only a fixed number of passengers and there are empty J-class seats, it is in their best interest to get more money! It's like airlines that drop fares as the flight departure date nears and things are looking empty. It is a fixed cost to them to fly the plane... variable costs for food etc. ($15) are negligible.

Thanks. I had heard that some airlines offered this, but I suppose I can understand why SQ don't. If you have people wanting to pay top dollar for your product, why lower the price? Simple business sense. Unfortunately, it doesn't do me any favours.

Comment

i think those miles are pretty valuable dreamwatch.... LHR-BNE return is more than 20k miles. You'd be pretty close to getting KF ES just from that flight. Another 5000 miles perhaps on BMI or LH intra europe may get you that status. Also 20k miles will probably get you a short hop redemption out of LHR. Looking at your fare class, you should get the miles. Wouldn't hurt to call SQ to clarify with them. Enjoy your trip!

Oh yeah, i'm a frequnt peasant too! oh how we love the back of the plane especially on those long hauls!

Comment

I think I was just worried that I wouldn't get the opportunity to make another trip with enough mileage this year. There may be one possibility though, so fingers crossed.

As we're talking miles, can I ask another question? If I'm right, all those lovely miles of mine will be gone in a year if I don't use them. I was hoping to make the LHR-BNE trip again this time next year. Would they really dump all my points if I haven't used them by then? Using them in 12 months seems quite harsh, particularly for more casual travellers. I mean, sure you don't want people saving a guzillion points over 20 years, but 12 months is cutting tight for alot of people. Do they have any leeway in that? For such lovely people like myself? lol

Comment

As we're talking miles, can I ask another question? If I'm right, all those lovely miles of mine will be gone in a year if I don't use them. I was hoping to make the LHR-BNE trip again this time next year. Would they really dump all my points if I haven't used them by then? Using them in 12 months seems quite harsh, particularly for more casual travellers. I mean, sure you don't want people saving a guzillion points over 20 years, but 12 months is cutting tight for alot of people. Do they have any leeway in that? For such lovely people like myself? lol
                    KF miles only expire after 3 years.

Comment

You can also extend the validity for the cost of some miles after 3 years.

The restriction you may be thinking about is qualification for a particular tier. In that case, say to go from KF Blue to KF Silver you would need to accumulate a set number of miles in a year (currently 25,000).

Comment

Ah, that's where I'm getting confused. Thank you for clarifying. I knew you guys would know.

Hubby called SQ today, lovely lady called him straight back. As we suspected, we can't justify THAT much for a seat right at this point of time, but it was still good to find out. Thank you all for your help.

Comment

Working...
                        X