Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ298 CHC-SIN (15DEC) - unplanned stopover in SYD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ298 CHC-SIN (15DEC) - unplanned stopover in SYD?

Does anyone know what happened to the flight? It seems that it made a stop-over in Sydney, is this planned or due to other circumstances?
    The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

No wonder. I was on my way to SYD airport yesterday afternoon when I saw the 772ER aircraft approaching for landing at about 1pm thereabouts. Can't recall the rego, but it was 9V-SV*... Was wondering why there was an ER operated to SYD and at such an odd-time. Oddly, I didn't see the aircraft at any of the gates thereafter...

Comment

This is what SIA's website posted:

"16 December 2008

(If you are seeing this page, the information remains current.)

Christchurch Airport is currently providing only limited supplies of jet fuel to airlines as a result of a fuel supply problem. This problem is affecting all airlines operating from Christchurch. As a result, Singapore Airlines is unable to uplift sufficient fuel each day to allow for its Christchurch – Singapore flight to operate non-stop.

SQ298, departing from Christchurch will make a short refueling stop in Brisbane, en route to Singapore, from 19 to 24 December (both dates inclusive).

On these days, the arrival into Singapore of SQ298 will be about two hours later than originally scheduled.

The departure time from Christchurch remains at 1150 hrs - the new arrival time into Singapore is 1915 hrs. (All times are local.)

We apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of the need to make this refueling stop. The cause is beyond the control of Singapore Airlines. For customers whose onward flight bookings are affected by the delayed arrival, their onward travel arrangements will be revised accordingly."

Comment

Interesting...
        The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

Working...
        X