Buy Up to Suites on RTW F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy Up to Suites on RTW F?

I know that it is impossible to book A380 Suites on a Star Alliance or SQ RTW itinerary in F because of the A booking restriction. However, you can book A380 flights into D for no charge. That said, are you able, at the airport for example, to buy up to get into Suites.

For example, if I was just flying in full fare C and decided I wanted to fly in Suites, I could just pay the fare difference as long as they weren't already sold out. Is there any way to do this RTW tickets, where they can calculate the fare difference between the worth of the sector on the RTW and the one way Suite fare and have you pay that? I ask this partly because SQ figures out some sort of fare value for RTW to deterimine PPS value so if we imagine that this is the "fare" you've paid for that leg of the RTW, could you pay the difference between that and the one way Suite fare and buy up into Suites?

Thanks for the help

Originally posted by daron4000 View Post
    I know that it is impossible to book A380 Suites on a Star Alliance or SQ RTW itinerary in F because of the A booking restriction. However, you can book A380 flights into D for no charge. That said, are you able, at the airport for example, to buy up to get into Suites.

For example, if I was just flying in full fare C and decided I wanted to fly in Suites, I could just pay the fare difference as long as they weren't already sold out. Is there any way to do this RTW tickets, where they can calculate the fare difference between the worth of the sector on the RTW and the one way Suite fare and have you pay that? I ask this partly because SQ figures out some sort of fare value for RTW to deterimine PPS value so if we imagine that this is the "fare" you've paid for that leg of the RTW, could you pay the difference between that and the one way Suite fare and buy up into Suites?

Thanks for the help

Welcome to SQTalk - no, not heard of anyone being offered a buy up into Suites at the airport. The problem with the use of PPSV as a method to calculate the prorated amount that SQ is entitled to is that the calculation is 1) usually time lagging behind the actual flight by several days and 2) not particularly accurate in it's representation of what you paid.

Comment

The problem with the fare differential buy up which you're trying to do, is that there is no way to figure out the A->R price difference, since A fares aren't valid on the 380. In theory, the D->R difference should hold, but I haven't seen an agent willing to do that, at least not in advance. At the airport maybe, but I'd be skeptical.

You can get your RTW issued with a surface sector and pay the one way R fare. :/

Comment

You can get your RTW issued with a surface sector and pay the one way R fare. :/
        The Suites are good, but not that good surely?!?!

Comment

IMO the suites are only somewhat better than the F on the 77W and the extra amount they are charging for the suites over the 77W F IMO is not worth paying for "every single time".
          Last edited by Rejuvenated; 8 December 2008, 06:49 AM.
          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by stargold
            The Suites are good, but not that good surely?!?!
            I agree. The Suites is a very nice product but not nice enough to buy a separate ticket from a RTW for.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              I agree. The Suites is a very nice product but not nice enough to buy a separate ticket from a RTW for.
              I agree, my post was made in jest!

Comment

Working...
              X