Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82A 82K on A380

Hi

I have a friend who is flying the A380 for the first time very soon. He loves to look out the window during the flight and told me he has pre-selected one of the window seats in row 82.

Is this a bad choice for someone who likes to look at the window?
    Looking at the seat map it certainly looks like there is quite a distance between the seat and the window.

Any comments gratefully received.

Since noone has answered to this post, I am trying to answer with my one time experience aboard A380 in Y.
    Row 82 is the last row on upper deck by the lavatory, right? I thought it's not fully reclined? May be better off further up? I was in row 77 and it was great! Well, it's true there is a gap between the seat and the window because of the side bin. But still, it still gives good view out of the window.
    Last edited by SQ LPP; 5 December 2008, 07:20 PM.

Comment

In the picture below, behind the old couple are seats 82AC which mirrors the seats 82HK. Look at the proximity to lav, as well as it looks like only baving a tiny space to recline.

And in the picture below, the pillow was on top of the side bin. And as you can see, there would be no problem or drawback in looking out the window.

Hope my answer here would help a tiny bit.

Comment

A picture from my Trip Report:

Originally posted by StarG
        Economy Upper Deck - rear Emergency Exit row (81ACHK/80DEFG)
        Seems like your friend might want to avoid 82A/K if he/she likes to look out of the window during the flight. When 81A & K are reclined, 82A & K could be windowless.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          In the picture below, behind the old couple are seats 82AC which mirrors the seats 82HK. Look at the proximity to lav, as well as it looks like only baving a tiny space to recline.

Already recline in Y is limited.

Are you saying that the last row in Y cannot recline fully?!

Comment

In the picture below, behind the old couple are seats 82AC which mirrors the seats 82HK.

Can I just confirm that the 'old couple' you are referring to are the ones sat in 81A/C ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Can I just confirm that the 'old couple' you are referring to are the ones sat in 81A/C ?.
              Yes! Do you know them?

Comment

Yes! Do you know them?
                Thank you!. I know the gentleman in 81C.

Maybe whoever from SQ in London is on lurking duty this week , would like to point this thread in the direction of Mr T.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Thank you!. I know the gentleman in 81C.

Maybe whoever from SQ in London is on lurking duty this week , would like to point this thread in the direction of Mr T.
                  What's coincidence! Hmm let me dig into my pics collection for a better picture...

Comment

Hi guys,

Sorry to dig up this old thread. But has anybody sat at the seats in front of the toilet yet? seats 82A/C or 82H/K

Is there limited recline in those seats?

Also, any problems with 79A/C or 79H/K. These are the seats right in front of the crew emergency seats and looks to have tight recline space from the emergency seats

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by slicer View Post
                      Hi guys,

Sorry to dig up this old thread. But has anybody sat at the seats in front of the toilet yet? seats 82A/C or 82H/K

Is there limited recline in those seats?

Also, any problems with 79A/C or 79H/K. These are the seats right in front of the crew emergency seats and looks to have tight recline space from the emergency seats

Thanks in advance
                      Just came off 81AC and HK during my trip to HKG. Being able to observe rows 79 and 82, tight recline for 79C and 79H. The same for 82AC and 82HK

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                        Just came off 81AC and HK during my trip to HKG. Being able to observe rows 79 and 82, tight recline for 79C and 79H. The same for 82AC and 82HK
                        Thanks SINFJ. You paid extra for 81AC?

Any idea by how much 82AC and 79CH is going to have their recline limited?
                        Kinda worried because I have those seats and I'm going SINLAX which is going to be a very long flight

Comment

Originally posted by slicer View Post
                          Thanks SINFJ. You paid extra for 81AC?

Any idea by how much 82AC and 79CH is going to have their recline limited?
                          Kinda worried because I have those seats and I'm going SINLAX which is going to be a very long flight
                          Yes I did.

It is not significant but if you really mind, then these are seats you should not go for

Comment

I just spoke with the KF call centre in SG, as well as the Reservations Department in UK, and I was informed that on my SQ321 LHR-SIN sector in June, 72A-79A (all non-preferred LHS window seats on the UD) have been blocked and not even available for assignment to PPS Club members.

They will only opened up at OLCI.. Is it common for SQ to block out such a large number of seats?

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                              I just spoke with the KF call centre in SG, as well as the Reservations Department in UK, and I was informed that on my SQ321 LHR-SIN sector in June, 72A-79A (all non-preferred LHS window seats on the UD) have been blocked and not even available for assignment to PPS Club members.

They will only opened up at OLCI.. Is it common for SQ to block out such a large number of seats?
                              This is exactly what happened to my 856 and 861

Comment

Working...
                              X