No announcement yet.

Bookings on same sector twice in a day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookings on same sector twice in a day?

Hi Guys,

I know SQ are very quick to pick up and cancel a booking if you have two seats on the same flight in the same name... however is it OK to have two separate bookings on the same route on the same day?

e.g. SQ910 SIN-MNL and SQ918 SIN-MNL on the same day.

I'm unsure what to do with my upcoming BKK trip given the current problems, so am thinking of organising a backup plan...

Many thanks.

They have picked this up with me before and asked me what do I intend doing. This was with a booking via an SQ ticekt office though so it was easy to deal with them and keep both bookings for a while.

When did you make the booking and when are you due to travel ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      They have picked this up with me before and asked me what do I intend doing. This was with a booking via an SQ ticekt office though so it was easy to deal with them and keep both bookings for a while.

When did you make the booking and when are you due to travel ?.
      I made the booking a few months back though BD. Due to be in Bangkok 25-27 December and then again 1-2 January...

Though maybe within a month Bangkok will be back to normal???!

Comment

Ah, so the double booking has been there for a while ?. If you haven't heard anything yet then maybe they are not concerned about it. Do keep an eye on it though, they are buggers for just cancelling bookings at times !!.

I share your hope than Bangkok is back to normal in a month. We (me, girlfriend and her parents (on their first trip to Asia...)) are due to fly to BKK just before New Year...

Comment

No, sorry, I meant I made one booking months ago, I haven't booked the other one yet...

Comment

I had a similar situation - where I had two colleagues, one on SQ231 and another on SQ221. The guy in SQ231 was far senior and entitled to F, and if it was justifiable that we needed to have a discussion, i could have flown with him in F, but the guy on 221 was nicer looking...... so i booked J on 221, F on 231.

They could not be booked on the same PNR, so i had it as two separate bookings. Still SQ called up by the end of that working day to ask which one i really wanted. Ended up not going in the end, so it became moot

Comment

It's been a while since I did this on SQ but I have had two round trips on the same route pair on a single day, with no contact by SQ or any hint of cancellation.

In case you're wondering, the most I've had (on another airline) was 3 round trips in the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by More Champagne Sir? View Post
                No, sorry, I meant I made one booking months ago, I haven't booked the other one yet...
                Go for it then and if they pull you up explain about BKK. They should understand very well the problems there!.

Comment

Working...
                X