3 Class 772 Sold as 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Class 772 Sold as 2

On an upcoming SQ880 SIN-TPE i have, i see this seat map.

Looks very much like an 9V-SQ* bird sold as two class, but they've blocked off row 1 and 2. Any way to request those seats? (currently in 11A)

Was on SQ880 on the 15th November and the aircraft used was a 2-class B772 (9V-SR*) Series aircraft, not sure if they have changed to the 3-class B772 (9V-SQ*) series permanently
    The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

1st post

Hello!

I can't view the seat map, but I had booked SIN/CMB/SIN in F using DL award miles, and was able to keep my assigned 1A seat after the schedule change.
      This puzzled me, as my booking was changed to "I" class , but seat 1A remained.

I contacted the call center and asked about this seat. She said that it was a 3 class plane and I had 1A, but the booking was "I".

I didn't persue it further, thinking something fishy.

My other segments SIN-HKG were originally in I, but was changed from a 744 so I made a new seat assignment.

My HKG-SFO was in "O" so I got a 2A on a 77W instead of a 744

It seems SQ will offer only Business service on a 3 class plane.

Now I am just waiting for my outbound LAX/NRT/SIN to be changed to a 380.

Does anyone have any insight?

I think your seat map was from experflyer. Is there any other way to vies the seat map rather than KVS?

Thanks,
      elsie

Comment

Originally posted by elsie View Post
        Hello!

I can't view the seat map, but I had booked SIN/CMB/SIN in F using DL award miles, and was able to keep my assigned 1A seat after the schedule change.

I contacted the call center and asked about this seat. She said that it was a 3 class plane and I had 1A, but the booking was "I".

My other segments SIN-HKG were originally in I, but was changed from a 744 so I made a new seat assignment.

I think your seat map was from experflyer. Is there any other way to vies the seat map rather than KVS?

Thanks,
        elsie
        Hi - when did you book the SIN/CMB/SIN? I booked a LAX-SIN-CMB in F and the SIN-CMB part is J and I got seat 11H. If its a 3-class plane, I'd like row 1 or 2 since rest of the legs are in F.

My flight is Feb 26th and March 4th of 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
          Hi - when did you book the SIN/CMB/SIN? I booked a LAX-SIN-CMB in F and the SIN-CMB part is J and I got seat 11H. If its a 3-class plane, I'd like row 1 or 2 since rest of the legs are in F.

My flight is Feb 26th and March 4th of 2009.
          I booked my flight in the beginning of OCT, but I am not flying until AUG 09.
          Since F was available, when I booked, I was able to keep my seat.

If J was only available when you booked, they would seat you in J.

I think once you arrive in SIN you could ask if row 1 or 2 were available. I think on the day of departure, they probably won't mind. I don't think a call center could do it, but the lounge could.

I think by the time AUG comes around, I will have a 2 class plane, and be seated in J.

Comment

Thanks.

SQ call center said that 11H was the first row - anyways, I'll find out when I am there!

Comment

Originally posted by elsie View Post
              Hello!

Thanks,
              elsie
              When is your flight? I've just done that same trip...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                On an upcoming SQ880 SIN-TPE i have, i see this seat map.

Looks very much like an 9V-SQ* bird sold as two class, but they've blocked off row 1 and 2. Any way to request those seats? (currently in 11A)
                Originally posted by bubblerevolution View Post
                Was on SQ880 on the 15th November and the aircraft used was a 2-class B772 (9V-SR*) Series aircraft, not sure if they have changed to the 3-class B772 (9V-SQ*) series permanently
                This is the case where it's called OJY situation. No, it's not O as an O-class aka First Class award booking class. It's the case where there is no pax, no crew and no catering in F cabin. As bubblerevolution posted, it's a JY market, but SQ doesn't have enough 777 2-class to be deployed to all JY only market. Therefore, using the OJY case serves SQ better in its deployment of aircraft.
                In short, the answer is you can not book any of the seats in row 1 and 2 in your mentioned booking.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  In short, the answer is you can not book any of the seats in row 1 and 2 in your mentioned booking.
                  Thanks for the reply dear SQ_LPP! - do you think i will have better luck at check-in or is that cabin closed and never to be opened?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    ...do you think i will have better luck at check-in or is that cabin closed and never to be opened?
                    In the case of OJY, the F cabin is closed and never opened since there is no crew and no catering. Happened to me on NRT-BKK, SIN-BKK, and also CGK-SIN (supposed to be 2-class A345 but swapped to 773).

Comment

I had first seat sold as business on a SQ TPE flight a while back. Business catering, except for a couple of stray bottles of first drink Another time the first cabin was blocked totally as the business class load was much lighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X