77W SIN-MEL-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77W SIN-MEL-SIN

Edit: Seems this has been the SQ 217/218 schedule for the past year... sorry.

After a quick use of the search function, I notice this has not been posted (I hope!). I just realised this when reading a post on TOF! However it is only for the SQ217/218 flights. Is this replacing/phasing out the 774, or just replacing one of the old 777-300 used on this route (which was on SQ237/238 iirc?)?

Interesting to see that the ex-SIN price is different for 744 and 77W, but not ex-MEL. The SQ engine has not priced this in yet?
    Last edited by jn82; 19 November 2008, 08:45 PM.

217/218 was served with 777-300 before the 77W was introduced. If I'm not mistaken, when SQ only had 2 daily to MEL, 217/218 was sometimes replaced with 744 during peak season.

Originally posted by jn82 View Post
    Interesting to see that the ex-SIN price is different for 774 and 77W, but not ex-MEL. The SQ engine has not priced this in yet?
    I wonder if 774 is a shorter or longer version of 777... hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
      217/218 was served with 777-300 before the 77W was introduced. If I'm not mistaken, when SQ only had 2 daily to MEL, 217/218 was replaced with 744 during peak season.
      I see. I was on SQ237 in Feb this year, and remember being extremely displeased at the lack of AVOD IFE (in Y). The screen colours were so bad!

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
      I wonder if 774 is a shorter or longer version of 777... hmmm...
      Edited typo. Thanks

Comment

217/218 has been 77W for at least the past 12-18 months now.

I hope the 744 stays around and A380 stays away for a bit, otherwise we'd be left with a regional 773 product for Saver and *A redemptions...
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          217/218 has been 77W for at least the past 12-18 months now.
          Whoops...

Guess back then in Feb I should have checked which plane I should have flown instead of just looking at the flight time then.

Comment

If memory serves me right, 217/218 switched to 77W ops at around Early-Nov 2007. I travelled in late-Oct on SQ218 last year and it was still a 772 but it changed to 77W when I flew on the same flight in Mid-Nov. SQ also had a roadshow in MEL at around that period to promote the A380 and the new cabin products.
            -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

When they bring the 773 to MEL I think they tend to bring the AVOD equipped ones as often as possible. I am yet to experience a NON - AVOD 773 on this flight yet.

I do enjoy the 77W very much in Y and try to utilise the late night departure for the enhanced product. I am looking forward to the A380 in MEL! But I agree with KeithMel about the 744 saver awards.
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

the 773 I have been on for the mel sin flight, which is twice recently was non avod =( seems that avod flights a luck of draw for the 773 flights which is why I prefer the 77w when possible

Comment

Working...
                X