Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat selection on SQ.com - question about availability

Hello

We've just booked our flights for March/April 2009 and were a little disappointed to find so many seats already unavailable. On the A380 in particular we had a particular seat in mind, and of course it's gone (on seat guru it's red flagged, so I was a little surprised). Is it possible some of these are just reservations, or if they are showing as unavailable have they really gone? I was hoping to pop back from time to time to see if I might get lucky.

Thanks again!

the greyed out areas on the online booking seatmap usually reflects the fact that SQ only makes parts of the cabin available for online pre-selection. A greyed out seat on an online seatmap does not necessarily mean that its is occupied, but rather unavailable for selection online.

some seats (particularly on the ABC side of the aircraft) are greyed out to allow check in staff, travel agents etc to have some control over how they can seat groups travelling together.

I believe the red flagged seats you are referring to are the 82/83 DG seats. don't ever choose those seats, they are really poor seats. the toilet doors literally open beside you and every time someone uses the toilet, there is noise and (unfortunately) associated smells. abysmal seats if you're flying 13 hours. and people queuing up to use the toilet congregate around the galley area too.

Comment

Hi kelvgoh! Thank you for your response. Ok, that makes sense. It's a bit disappointing for me because the ABC side is the side I prefer to sit on! Had I known that I think I would have just booked through a travel agent. Oh well, you live and learn...

Yes, 82/83 DG are our preferred seats. We've had these before and obviously I'm a nutbar because I love them! I like to stand as much as possible because I suffer from discomfort in my legs and hips, and I like the fact that I have the space right next to my seat to do this. I also use the toilet frequently, and this way I don't have to disturb my hubby (and he doesn't have to disturb me!). It's nice to know I'm so bizarre.

So, I suppose my next question would be - when we check in online 48 hours before, will we have the option of all seats to choose from (which we did the last time we travelled and checked in online) or because we have seats and have purchased them through the website, are we stuck with our current selections?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

You can change your current selections as much as you like before OLCI and you can change them at the OLCI point, when there will be more seats opened up, especially if you do it right at the 48 hour mark.
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

That's exactly what I wanted to hear! At least I have the knowledge of knowing we definitely have seats, and in all fairness they are good ones. I'm just being extra picky.

Thank you sqdazz.

Comment

In my experience, the seats start opening up about 4-5 days before departure. You don't have to wait until 48hrs before for the OLCI.

Comment

Really? I'll have to keep checking the week before we fly. Thanks for that LHR!

Comment

Working...
              X