Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 747 Seat decision

Hi guys,
    I am planning a trip to the states with my family next year and going to plan to get business class seats on the 747. As I am travelling with a child (13), he is (surprisingly) not allowed to seat at row 17 as it is an emergency exit row. So I am planning to get row 11. However, the information on seatguru says that it can be difficult to view the TV from those seats. I would like to know if it is true that it is difficult to see the TV and if so, to what extent. And is there extra space that is associated with bulkhead seats on row 11?

Originally posted by danzer View Post
    As I am travelling with a child (13), he is (surprisingly) not allowed to seat at row 17 as it is an emergency exit row.
    I don't get this. Do you think a 13-year old child is capable of helping the crew in case of emergency?

Sorry, I can not answer how good row 11 upper deck is, since I opt not to seat that upfront. From the bulkhead row 22 downstairs, I don't have any problem with the monitor on the wall.
    I remember KeithMEL said something about liking front row of the upper deck.

Comment

Originally posted by danzer View Post
      As I am travelling with a child (13), he is (surprisingly) not allowed to seat at row 17 as it is an emergency exit row. So I am planning to get row 11.

Danzer, I am completely flabbergasted. What do you mean that you're surprised that your 13 year old child cannot sit at row 17?

Sometimes one forget : If you can get seat on SQ, it's great and being on the upper deck, even better. TV screens are all viewable. Any seats on the upper deck is good.

Comment

I was on 11H once from a flight from SIN-HKG and I absolutely loved it, no problems with TV at all. I believe it's also a highly sought-after seat so book early.

PS: I'd actually be more surprised if any airline would allow your 13 year old child to be seated on an emergency seat.

Comment

Can I be your adopted son?

Comment

Working...
          X