Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oriental meals no longer available on SQ - why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oriental meals no longer available on SQ - why?

Just noticed this gem as I was flicking through my PPS newsletter:

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ws/news_11.jsp

Oriental meals to be withdrawn from 1 June 2009. Why?

Back in the days when i flew whY I would often go for this as you were served first and it was invariably better quality than the regular Y meal. Seems a shame for it to go. Still at least I can BTC these days.

Because SQ serves asian style meals in addition to the regular, chicken or beef kinds and its ridiculous to offer this when SQ is an asian airline. Yes, book it when you fly on a western carrier, but pointless on an asian carrier.

Its as if when you fly on a Japanese carrier and you book a Japanese meal!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      Its as if when you fly on a Japanese carrier and you book a Japanese meal!
      Hehe, I would want to be sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that 'Japanese' vs something 'oriental' would be served... so I would!

But 'oriental' was so vague anyway and of course, SQ would have something falling under the category of 'oriental' as would just about every Asian carrier.

Comment

What is "oriental" anyways???

Try the occidental meals. You'll like them!
        HUGE AL

Comment

The oriental request meal is only meant for Y class passengers. So BTC program can still run on its own and I must say that I had not been disappointed yet. The cancellation of oriental meal was something that came out of IATA/ICAO decision(?) due to health related reasons. So was it the MSG that "done it in"? There is already a posting on this topic in this forum.
          there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Working...
          X