New Lightweight SQ Food Trays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lightweight SQ Food Trays

SQ recently changed its inflight food trays to this feather weight variety in all in the name of shedding off a couple of kgs while airborne.

I noticed that the Economy Class trays now keep slipping down on the fold down table, especially when the plane is on a slight climb.

Is this my imagination? If it isn't, then this matter should be raised to SQ. Perhaps, some non-slip materials should be pasted on the back of these featherweight trays to stop them from slipping.

If I am not mistaken the older trays are also rather slippery.

Comment

Well that is true as I have lately been noticing on SQ. On CX it is more stable. SQ has the sliding effect, which can be a bit embarrassing to your next door neighbour.
      But often than not, I m lost in the taste of the fascinating South Indian Veg food that they offer on special request, and Krisworld, to notice much else..

Comment

but i thought the "rubbery" ring at base of the plates and cups are non-slip?

Comment

Also the new casseroles are made of plastic instead of the older ceramic (heavier) ones. Thus the newer ones do not retain heat as well when heated as compared to the older casseroles. And yes, they are also more flimsy.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

So, looks like I wasn't imagining. In response to DSIM's message - what I meant wasn't the plates and cups slipping on the trays but rather the trays slipping on the fold down tables.

Comment

Are we talking about the Black/Grey trays that were introduced not too long ago actually? I did notice that these trays are very slippery and often move around on the table. The "inside" of the tray itself is fine and there's this "sticky" material where all cutlery and cups were firmly in place.
              -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

The other thing I noticed about the trays was that it warps / bends a little when they're served....

Comment

Originally posted by Caravelle View Post
                  SQ recently changed its inflight food trays to this feather weight variety in all in the name of shedding off a couple of kgs while airborne.

I noticed that the Economy Class trays now keep slipping down on the fold down table, especially when the plane is on a slight climb.

Is this my imagination? If it isn't, then this matter should be raised to SQ. Perhaps, some non-slip materials should be pasted on the back of these featherweight trays to stop them from slipping.
                  Noticed this as well. They should have some 'rubbery thang' at the bottom of the tray to prevent slippage.

Comment

Working...
                  X