X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Early Edition View Post
    hahahahahaha! what a joke!

Comment

I'd ask them bring back the individual plane dubbing. And yeah, I'd waive the preferred seats charge.

Comment

It doesn't have to be a 'Top' ... maybe another SQ neologism like Jubilee, Celestar or LeaderShip ... maybe a word that implies the future, yet the romance of travel... but then again, I am only a wannabe-marketer and don't have the brains to come up with something near acceptable at 4AM .. shoo, I should go to bed already :/
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
          It doesn't have to be a 'Top' ... maybe another SQ neologism like Jubilee, Celestar or LeaderShip ... maybe a word that implies the future, yet the romance of travel... but then again, I am only a wannabe-marketer and don't have the brains to come up with something near acceptable at 4AM .. shoo, I should go to bed already :/
          You would be a good marketer as you've now got the flo.... I like this new handle, buddy.

Comment

Solitaire and Qpp benefits are about the same now.

It kinda sucks. I mean after flying that much more shouldnt there be a bigger difference in benefits? Just my 2 cents.

Comment

I'd dub it something simple: Majesty.

Comment

I'd give the A380 a simple name: Majesty

Comment

No need for names for aircraft types.

What we need is:

1) Reintroduce LPP so that we fly more with SQ
                  2) Easier qualification for PPS - 25k is much more than before. What is wrong with more PPs, you gain loyalty
                  3) Easier Op ups - for PPs - no need for lower class to be full, do it even when higher class has plenty of seats - minimal cost for SQ, maximum value for passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                    No need for names for aircraft types.

What we need is:

1) Reintroduce LPP so that we fly more with SQ
                    2) Easier qualification for PPS - 25k is much more than before. What is wrong with more PPs, you gain loyalty
                    3) Easier Op ups - for PPs - no need for lower class to be full, do it even when higher class has plenty of seats - minimal cost for SQ, maximum value for passengers.
                    One of the reasons why frontend travel on SQ is so valuable, is that when one flies SQ J or F, you can be pretty confident that yer fellow cabin passengers also paid for their seats either with $$ or points. None of this op-up baloney. You want op-ups, fly UA. And I say this as an expiring PPS and a shareholder.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
                      One of the reasons why frontend travel on SQ is so valuable, is that when one flies SQ J or F, you can be pretty confident that yer fellow cabin passengers also paid for their seats either with $$ or points. None of this op-up baloney. You want op-ups, fly UA. And I say this as an expiring PPS and a shareholder.
                      Two extremes - both are no good:

UA, upgrading everyone, including me when I had no status and were flying on a restrictive ticket in Y.

SQ, trying everthing to avoid op-ups and keeping Suites empty just to leave paying pax behind...

What Russ was asking for, is more recognition for frequent flyers. When you spend 50,000 SGD a year on SQ then you want a little bit of affection from your airline - saver upgrades and awards on 77W and 388 are not freebies but still a nice way of SQ saying thanking you to PPS members...

They should lower the threshold for TPP - no F lounge for me until I have flown 275,000 SGD in revenue. That's pathetic...

Open up saver upgrades and awards for 77W and 388

And getting ONE PPS phone number that can handle reservations AND KF matters AND where people are picking up the phone in the first minute...

And then a lot of people would love SQ again :-)

Comment

Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
                        Solitaire and Qpp benefits are about the same now.

It kinda sucks. I mean after flying that much more shouldnt there be a bigger difference in benefits? Just my 2 cents.
                        i think you are wrong... the difference between TPP and QPP is much more considerable than the difference between KF*G and QPP.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                          Two extremes - both are no good:

UA, upgrading everyone, including me when I had no status and were flying on a restrictive ticket in Y.

SQ, trying everthing to avoid op-ups and keeping Suites empty just to leave paying pax behind...

What Russ was asking for, is more recognition for frequent flyers. When you spend 50,000 SGD a year on SQ then you want a little bit of affection from your airline - saver upgrades and awards on 77W and 388 are not freebies but still a nice way of SQ saying thanking you to PPS members...

They should lower the threshold for TPP - no F lounge for me until I have flown 275,000 SGD in revenue. That's pathetic...

Open up saver upgrades and awards for 77W and 388

And getting ONE PPS phone number that can handle reservations AND KF matters AND where people are picking up the phone in the first minute...

And then a lot of people would love SQ again :-)
                          Agreed. The occasional opportunity to get upgraded will bring in more customers

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                            Not even UA does this. It's probably the single best way of destroying a significant - no, make it huge - amount of premium revenue in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                              i think you are wrong... the difference between TPP and QPP is much more considerable than the difference between KF*G and QPP.
                              Other then the supp card and the priority waiting list name me what other difference.

Comment

Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
                                Other then the supp card and the priority waiting list name me what other difference.
                                First-Class Check-In and F Lounge access...

Overall, TPP sucks compared to other competitors especially given the high first time qualification of 275,000 SGD. TPP is worse then my *G on Lufthansa - and "Senator" status is obtained pretty quickly when flying premium classes.

Comment

Working...
                                X