Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes to the LHR departure experience ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to the LHR departure experience ?

I am told that SQ are considering a few changes to ops at LHR in the New Year to make the departure process experience at LHR a better experience. This would be for all, but particularly for J and F pax.

I know what they are, and I am sure they will be welcomed, and while it's not rocket science to work out what they may be, I'll see if I can get the OK to post full details before I do as I was told this at the PPS DO in London hosted by the new UK GM this week, which was a very enjoyable day out it has to be said.

Some of the other bits and bobs I heard were interesting to say the least, but I definitely won't be divulging any of that, for now.

I suspect the "other bits and bobs" you heard were not just for the LHR ops possible changes, so this makes it even more interesting. Let's wait and see what SQ is up to...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      [...]

Some of the other bits and bobs I heard were interesting to say the least, but I definitely won't be divulging any of that, for now.
      What's the time frame for these new changes? *curious*
      /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        I know what they are, and I am sure they will be welcomed, and while it's not rocket science to work out what they may be, I'll see if I can get the OK to post full details before I do as I was told this at the PPS DO in London hosted by the new UK GM this week, which was a very enjoyable day out it has to be said.
        It's about time: (1) the ex-LHR departure experience got upgraded; (2) responsive UK management came into place.

C'mon, MAN Flyer, use your charm to get the permission to post those changes.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The thing which phaleesy and I probably most dislike about SQ Y to SIN without any status is the long queueing at LHR to check-in. This was before the A380 and I can remember having to stand around for up to an hour just to check-in amongst the chaos of LHR T3. And then security...

Coming back from SIN was always much much more pleasant of course!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            The thing which phaleesy and I probably most dislike about SQ Y to SIN without any status is the long queueing at LHR to check-in. This was before the A380 and I can remember having to stand around for up to an hour just to check-in amongst the chaos of LHR T3. And then security...

Coming back from SIN was always much much more pleasant of course!
            You're so right. But it's not just SQ...I avoid flying from, through, and to LHR whenever I can. Last year, finishing of my RTW I arrived from ARN on SK. Never mind priority luggage tags, my bag was the last to arrive...after almost two hours. And don't get me started on the check-in queues for LH and LX. I just wish there were an early morning flights from BHX to FRA and ZRH.
            /Desert Traveller

Comment

Working...
            X