leading steward left his bag at emergency exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leading steward left his bag at emergency exit

Saw this incident on the flight from Perth to Singapore yesterday.
    A leading steward (red tie, hope I got the rank right as I am not familar with the ranks of the new uniform) put his cabin bag at the emergency exit (in front of row 31 on the port side) while the plane was cruising (he wanted to read some documents in his bag).

The bag was there for almost the whole journey - is this a violation of safety regulation ? (trying to attach a picture i took....not sure how to do it, could somebody help ???)

When in emex rows, I've always been able to take my luggage down (to use as a footrest, for example ) when the seatbelt sign has been turned off (i.e., at cruising altitude).

Let me check with a more authoritative source, though.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      When in emex rows, I've always been able to take my luggage down (to use as a footrest, for example ) when the seatbelt sign has been turned off (i.e., at cruising altitude).

Let me check with a more authoritative source, though.
      Keep me posted.... Boarding soon ...

Comment

It's quite common for the IFS to put his briefcase by the crew jump-seat, near the J galley. I think this is probably what you're referring to, correct? - and not that the bag was left in the passenger's footspace by Row 31?

Comment

My understanding is that bags are not allowed on the floor at emergency exit rows just during take off and landing, since they may obstruct the evacuation routes. During flight cruising they should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            My understanding is that bags are not allowed on the floor at emergency exit rows just during take off and landing, since they may obstruct the evacuation routes. During flight cruising they should be fine.
            That's my understanding! I think it is fine during the flight unless an emergency is declared.

Comment

The bags would need to be placed in an overhead compartment only during landing and takeoff. Happens on all my flights. Confirmed this with a BA crew this evening.

jjpb3, my bag is also my footstool on longhaul flights.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                jjpb3, my bag is also my footstool on longhaul flights.
                A 20" rollaway bag works wonders inflight at an emex seat in Y!

Comment

Some airlines (but not SQ) will leave their drinks cart there the whole time during cruise too!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                    Some airlines (but not SQ) will leave their drinks cart there the whole time during cruise too!
                    Yes. LH springs to mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X