Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an old SQ timetable handy from 1997?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an old SQ timetable handy from 1997?

Just trying to fill out a few missing spaces on my little log book,

and in August 2007 - i remember taking a 744 from KUL(SZB)-SIN in the evening, connecting to a 3 class 772 SIN-MEL.

Timing for the KUL-SIN leg would have been very similar to todays SQ117, IIRC, and the SIN-MEL probably was SQ227.

The question is: does anyone remember if SQ237 existed then (late night departure ex SIN) ? Was it called SQ237? (or for that matter was SQ227 called SQ227 then?) Does anyone remember which flight the 744 operated on KUL-SIN?

Coming back, i remember leaving MEL in the afternoon, again on a 3 class 772, and connecting to a late night MH flight back to KUL, so timing would have been close to what SQ228 is today. Was it always called SQ228?

Thanks for any help you can give to this geriatric forgetful old hag here

I remember quite clearly that the 744 KUL-SIN was SQ119 before it was changed to SQ117. Used to ask for UD but was always told that the UD was not opened.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      I remember quite clearly that the 744 KUL-SIN was SQ119 before it was changed to SQ117. Used to ask for UD but was always told that the UD was not opened.

So what you're saying it was CALLED SQ119, and operated at the time of todays SQ117? If so that's the one

Comment

I used to have a Summer 1997 timetable and had it until I lost it last year. But I remember a couple of things on the schedules that do not exist today:

1) SQ18/17 SIN-ICN-YVR-ICN-SIN was a 744
        2) SQ16/15 SIN-ICN-SFO-ICN-SIN was also a 744
        2) "All" HKG-SIN-HKG flights were a 744 (still operating out of Kai Tak back then)
        3) HKG-TPE-HKG still existed
        4) SIN-CDG vv was a A340
        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Aww

Anyway - going further back: does anyone have the flight number for the SQ flight that went SIN-DRW-BNE in 1994 (oped by 743) departure: Night?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            So what you're saying it was CALLED SQ119, and operated at the time of todays SQ117? If so that's the one
            Yes, today's SQ117 was 1997's SQ119. I made that mistake in booking based on flight number and not timing. Only realized when I was planning to go to the airport

To be pedantic, it used to leave at 1850 to todays 1855

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Aww

Anyway - going further back: does anyone have the flight number for the SQ flight that went SIN-DRW-BNE in 1994 (oped by 743) departure: Night?
              I would like to know too

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                To be pedantic, it used to leave at 1850 to todays 1855
                It's called inflation. Ahh! Those days when an hour had precisely 60 minutes!

Comment

Comes close but I have one from Oct'97 that's gathering dust:
                  SQ 117 - KUL 18:55 - SIN 19:50 (B743 not B744) - only B747 flt
                  SQ 227 - SIN 21:45 - MEL 07:55 (B772) - one flt daily

Comment

Originally posted by Airtropolis View Post
                    Comes close but I have one from Oct'97 that's gathering dust:
                    SQ 117 - KUL 18:55 - SIN 19:50 (B743 not B744) - only B747 flt
                    SQ 227 - SIN 21:45 - MEL 07:55 (B772) - one flt daily

Thanks for confirming it

I'm not dreaming then, that I took an 9V-SQ* 772 bird that went overnight and arrived in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                      I used to have a Summer 1997 timetable and had it until I lost it last year. But I remember a couple of things on the schedules that do not exist today:

2) "All" HKG-SIN-HKG flights were a 744 (still operating out of Kai Tak back then)
                      3) HKG-TPE-HKG still existed
                      4) SIN-CDG vv was a A340
                      I also can't recall was it SQ used 343 before 744 before 1997?

I remembered when CX had the SFO flight in the 80s, CX used 747-200 to SFO via YVR, then CX stop serving SFO, when they reinstated serving SFO again, CX also flying 343 non-stop before the 744.

Comment

Posted deleted due to duplication.
                        Last edited by SQTalker; 17 October 2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

May I ask why do you find it necessary to quote and post the exact same content twice within a two hour time frame?

To answer your question it was the 743 (Bigtop) that they used prior to the 744 if you're referring to the YVR route.
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
                            May I ask why do you find it necessary to quote and post the exact same content twice within a two hour time frame?
                            It's my computer glitch...don't know why when I refresh the content, they will send it as a post again...?

Comment

Okay boys - I'm sure it was a simple misunderstanding and computer glitch. Let's get back on topic here i.e. help alleviate the curiousity of the senile thread starter

Comment

Working...
                              X