Waitlist advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitlist advice needed

I have just managed to book a flight on the wrong date...that should teach me to double check the dates I want to book...currently confirmed for 26 Dec instead of my planned 28 Dec from CAI to SIN in J...stupid me . My mom will have my head if I miss her b'day. I'm on the priority waitlist, but I'm kinda caught between a rock and a hard place. Wanted to be in Australia for NYE, but celebrate Christmas, a friend's wedding also on 25 Dec, and a few days later my mom's b'day, in Egypt. Any ideas?
    /Desert Traveller

Waitlists usually don't start moving 'till closer to the flight date (when reserved but non-ticketed bookings expire).

I would wait 2 weeks before the flight & ring up & ask for the waitlist to be put through to the controller. I've had every one of my waitlists clear, although sometimes only 1 day before the flight...
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Singapore Airlines
      Flight: 493
      Departs
      Cairo (CAI)
      28 December
      14:15 Arrives
      Singapore (SIN)
      29 December (Next day)
      6:05 Notes
      Cabin class: Z2 C0 J0 D0
      The flight seems to be quite full in J.
      I don't know what subclass you are in. There is only the highest (Z class) available at the moment.
      With ES status, there are still EG/QPP/TPP/LPP ahead of you if there are any on the WL on your flight.
      You may have to wait until closer to the date. Hopefully someone cancels / SQ decide to release more seats to your booking class.

Comment

Thanks for your help, matt_will_fix_it and StarG.

I'm in subclass J and *G (LH SEN). I'll just have to wait and keep my fingers crossed for SQ to release more seats in J class. Just checked KVS, this now gives more availability again:

[KVS Availability Tool 3.3.0/Platinum - Sabre: ITN/UK-ASB]
        Code:
        CAI  Cairo Int'l EG [HECA]
        SIN  Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
        SUN  28 Dec 2008

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St   Availability
        --------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ----------------------------------------- 
        SQ        493    CAI  14:15     SIN  06:05 +1  772  0    Z4 C2 J0 D0 L0 K0 S9 Y0 E0 B0 M0 W0 H0 Q0
        Plust there's still 14 unassigned seats in J according to the seat selection tool on the SQ website. I didn't know I could actually access the seat map when not confirmed. Do SQ pre-assign seats to every BC booking?
        /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
          Plust there's still 14 unassigned seats in J according to the seat selection tool on the SQ website. I didn't know I could actually access the seat map when not confirmed. Do SQ pre-assign seats to every BC booking?
          Please remember that seat maps do not reflect how full the flight is. Some pax will buy tickets without getting seat assignments.

Comment

SQ LPP, thanks for confirming my suspicion.
            /Desert Traveller

Comment

I'm in subclass J and *G (LH SEN).

Sorry - missed your LH SEN status.
              That means higher priority on the waitlist as *G.

As SQ LPP said, not everybody confirmed on a flight have pre-assigned seat numbers.

It seems like you have quite a fair chance. Good luck!

Comment

Thank you, Star G. I need it. It just makes planning the trip to Cairo so much more difficult. Do I fly out on 23 or 24 Dec? Decisions, decisions...oh well, I'll wait a bit with booking that flight I guess.
                /Desert Traveller

Comment

How the waitlist works is a big mystery, especially when they instruct us to confirm the ticket otherwise they will cancel it by certain date, and if extended you will be removed and will have to 'line up' again.

Bizarre!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                    How the waitlist works is a big mystery, especially when they instruct us to confirm the ticket otherwise they will cancel it by certain date, and if extended you will be removed and will have to 'line up' again.

Bizarre!
                    Sometimes you don't see any availability online and when you call KF they have the same message for you. But asking them to recheck with the supervisor and the seats magically clears.

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post

Bizarre!
                      This is a revenue booking which is ticketed, so I guess the ticketing problem does not apply. But waitlists are definitely bizarre.

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                      Sometimes you don't see any availability online and when you call KF they have the same message for you. But asking them to recheck with the supervisor and the seats magically clears.
                      Availability is now back down to zero in biz according to KVS. The flight seems to popular. I doubt that a supervisor will magically conjur up a seat this far out. Especially with me not being PPS anymore.

Nothing to be done but to wait and drink tea in the mean time.
                      /Desert Traveller

Comment

Nothing to be done but to wait and drink tea in the mean time.
                        Have a cup of tea and all your problems will go away. No wonder staff in the UK have multiple tea-breaks through the day!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                          Have a cup of tea and all your problems will go away. No wonder staff in the UK have multiple tea-breaks through the day!
                          Hehe. Most of that stuff is cannot be called tea though.
                          White tea for me, please! No, it's not tea with milk.
                          Last edited by Desert Traveller; 14 October 2008, 04:31 AM. Reason: lines
                          /Desert Traveller

Comment

More like tea breaks EVERY hour

Comment

Availability is back up to 2 in Z-class according to KVS. It is bizarre. Is there a system to the bizareness?

Update 15 Oct: Availability is up further today, but still nothing in J-class...

[KVS Availability Tool 3.3.0/Platinum - Sabre: ITN/UK-ASB]
                              Code:
                              CAI  Cairo Int'l EG [HECA]
                              SIN  Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
                              SUN  28 Dec 2008

Carrier   Flight From Depart    To   Arrive    A/C  St   Availability
                              --------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- ------------ 
                              SQ        493    CAI  14:15     SIN  06:05 +1  772  0    Z4 C3 J0 D0
                              I think I'm gonna stop looking for a week...it's making my head spin.
                              Last edited by Desert Traveller; 16 October 2008, 01:06 AM. Reason: availability update
                              /Desert Traveller

Comment

Working...
                              X