Is there such a drink called "Vadka"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there such a drink called "Vadka"?

Innocent question here really, because this got me wondering: Is this a typo or something I've not heard of before?

Taken off menu SQ946D SIN-DPS (LM) 100-1.1 10 RC

Obvious typo (check out one row up).

Comment

Does anyone actually drink and like these horrible sounding concoctions ?!? A splash of coke and topped up with 7-Up indeed!

Comment

You guys have never had Vadka? Jeez, I feel sorry for you......

Comment

Funny this has been posted as I thought the same thing last week on a flight - does anyone drink this stuff.

Well questioned answered - obviously the person typing the menu had one too many Vadka flushes.

Comment

I actually quite like some of these 'stuff' Perhaps I'm strange

Comment

I spotted a grammar mistake on one of the other SQ C menus to MLE (I think) too... will try to post it up soon

Comment

Not the first time SQ menus are not error-free. I recalled a time when noodle was spelled as nudle. Having said so, SQ isn't the only one. I've seen spelling and grammar errors on TG, CX, and even AC menus just to name a few.
                My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Ha.

I don't mind the odd typo here and there, so long as it doesn't become prevalent.
                  However what gets me is the overly flowery descriptions on some menus.

Eg, AA intl F and C menus often feature a prelanding drink of "Chilled sparkling water with citrus fruit garnish." Read: Sparkling water with a slice of lemon... And it isn't always chilled either.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  Does anyone actually drink and like these horrible sounding concoctions ?!? A splash of coke and topped up with 7-Up indeed!
                  I've always been intrigued by the one called Sweetness in Darkness, if it's indeed still there.
                  I'd remember to try it next time and report back.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    However what gets me is the overly flowery descriptions on some menus.

Eg, AA intl F and C menus often feature a prelanding drink of "Chilled sparkling water with citrus fruit garnish." Read: Sparkling water with a slice of lemon... And it isn't always chilled either.

I've always been intrigued by the one called Sweetness in Darkness, if it's indeed still there.
                    I'd remember to try it next time and report back.
                    Sweetness in Darkness is still there

I had a funny one coming back into SIN on Monday morning for SQ Y's dessert description - "Chocolate Delight" turned out to be two bars of mini Kit Kat

It was just too hard not to chuckle when I saw it..

Comment

The red wine and coke thing seems to be popular here in London. I've heard quite a few people mention that they like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                        The red wine and coke thing seems to be popular here in London. I've heard quite a few people mention that they like it.
                        That's London mate. Please do not compare that Shandy Drinking Shower down there with the rest of us.

Comment

Actually its a "unique mix of red wine and a splash of coke" . Just the thought of it makes me want to gag . SQ should get a trendy mixologist (read, fancy bartender) to come up with a more creative drinks list.

Comment

Originally posted by planemad View Post
                            Actually its a "unique mix of red wine and a splash of coke" . Just the thought of it makes me want to gag . SQ should get a trendy mixologist (read, fancy bartender) to come up with a more creative drinks list.
                            They did warn that it was a "unique mix". I agree with the mixologist bit.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

As far as I know, it's vodka in every language except Lithuanian -- in which it's called degtine.

Comment

Working...
                              X