Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Class or Business Class ? Which one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Class or Business Class ? Which one!

Anyone can help me to decide which one I should take please

I have an airmile which can get One way First Class on B747 from LHR to BKK via SIN
    or
    One way Business Class on B747 from LHR to BKK via SIN and One way Business Class on A380 from BKK to LHR via SIN

What do you think if you were me how would you should? What do I get from First or Business? and Lounge? Private room at T3? or normal SiverKris
    Anyone have had an experience, please help me.
    Thank you very much guy.

What does your heart say?

I'm assuming that if its F choice, then your BKK-SIN-LHR could be in Y and paid?
    I would choose C both ways but unless you desire to earn miles on your return leg.

Private room at T3 is sadly only for PAID F. Your redemption F is not good enough for entry.

Comment

if it's the a380 for SIN-LHR for the J redemptions, why not? if it's the 744, i will fly F and Y back on the a380

Comment

I know F is still F and all that - but I think I'd rather fly J both ways than F one way and whY the other way.

The F experience is undoubtedly tempting, and you'd more likely than not have a sensational time. But the pragmatist in me reckons it's better to fly in J all the way, rather than luxuriate in a spa then go toil in a mine immediately after - ok some exaggeration there but I hope you get the drift. Done it before and found it rather jarring.

At the end of the day, whatever works for you I s'pose. I can see the attraction of the 'F experience.' A good compromise would perhaps be to fly whY on the outbound, F on the inbound - so you have F to 'look forward to.' If flying down the back I'd try to pick a day flight for sure.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I would certainly fly in Business Class both ways than one in First and one in Economy. I would even pay a lot more to do so. It sounds like your choice is paying more to fly in Economy.

Comment

I would second what fellow SQtalkers have suggested.

Just recently came back from SYD, SIN, BKK, BOM and DPS and had several flights on F and J and had a SUPERB time fying SQ F and it's an experience by itself. However if you have a choice of either flying one-way in first versus return in business (incl. A380 experience in business), I would go for the return business class option.

Cheers.

Comment

The only way I would consider F one way and Y another , if it was
              the Suites , and even then I would have a tough choice , and probably stick to C both ways

Comment

Definitely J class 2 ways.
                I don't think the difference between J and F would compensate for Y class.
                zxcvbn

Comment

Agree that J class both ways would be better than F + Y. However, if this would be your first long haul F experience, it is then more of a toughie.
                  Good luck making the choice & enjoy your flights.

Comment

Thank you guy, this is the first long haul flight for First Class but already did a lot of J class so it's kind of confuse and not sure which I should take for the best. I have seen lot of people here get an amenity kit and pyjamas on First class which made me jealous...ha.ha.ha..
                    Last edited by TON_UK; 3 October 2008, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TON_UK View Post
                      Thank you guy, this is the first long haul flight for First Class but already did a lot of J class so it's kind of confuse and not sure which I should take for the best. I have seen lot of people here get an amenity kit and pyjamas on First class which made me jealous...ha.ha.ha..
                      IMHO you should definitely go for J both ways.....from my recent SQ F segments I have a few "sealed" large size pyjamas and amenity kits and can send you one of each, no problems

Comment

Another vote for J both ways. The perceived difference IMHO is bigger between J and Y than J and F.

Comment

Unless "Caviar" is an absolute must for you, I would suggest you take the business round-trip. You'd get the sloping spacebed on the longhaul outbound and then get the new biz seat (best business seat out there IMO) on the return. Save best for last!
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

I think I can made up my mind now which I should chose based on all detail you all gave it to me. Thank you very much.

P.S. The pyjamas in First Class is really good quality??? I wonder because I would like to get one. I haven't had one...he.he.he..
                            Last edited by TON_UK; 6 October 2008, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TON_UK View Post
                              I think I can made up my mind now which I should chose based on all detail you all gave it to me. Thank you very much.

P.S. The pyjamas in First Class is really good quality??? I wonder because I would like to get one. I haven't had one...he.he.he..
                              Yes, they are decent quality. Earlier in the year, SQ was giving out "mustard" colour ones. I also have a brown one I received some time back. On my most recent flights, the new ones are black colour with a yellow stripe. They are Givenchy branded.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X