Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F menu SQ308

Hello everybody

Can anyone please post me SQ308 SIN-LHR first menu?

Thanks

Hi SQFM and welcome to SQTalk!

There is a subforum dedicated to catering and amenities here in which you will find menus for SQ as well as for other airlines.

F Menus for SQ308 have been posted here.

Comment

Thanks MovieMan for your reply.

To start off the flight with breakfast isn't appropriate, given there'll be another 10h before lunch is being served. It is weird if you ask me.

There's no option to BTC for the breakfast service. I am not keen of having late breakfast around 1000h after taking off. Do you think the crew would mind if I opt for lunch BTC for the first meal service? And stick to the menu for the second service? If you had similar experience, could you please share?

Comment

Welcome SQFM, you could BTC breakfast AND lunch with whatever's on the BTC menu or go with your proposed above. In any case, enjoy the flight!

Comment

Originally posted by SQFM View Post
          To start off the flight with breakfast isn't appropriate, given there'll be another 10h before lunch is being served. It is weird if you ask me.
          The flight departs in the morning 9am! Is dinner more appropriate? Well, 9 am Singapore time is about 3am London time. Wouldn't it be better for adjusting to the new time zone?
          Anyway, I am sure the crew will try as best as they can to serve your "lunch" BTC for your after taking off meals, and you order from the menu for your lunch service before landing at LHR.
          In between those two meals, there is light bites meals service which was not posted in the menu from the link given by MovieMan.

As the example of the light bites in between:

light bites SINGAPORE TO PARIS

Should you fancy a little snack or something more substantials, simply
          make your selection known to our crew, during the flight

NOODLES
          Fish balls noodles soup
          Vermicelli or flat rice noodles in broth served with fish balls and fish cakes

Prawn noodle soup
          Noodles in broth served with prawns and fish cake

Vegetarian and non vegetarian instant noodles

SANDWICHES
          Smoked salmon with mascarpone cheese in sesame bun

Grilled chicken and tomato in focaccia bun

Roasted capsicum and Santa Lucia mozzarella sandwich

SNACKS
          Cashew, almond or macadamia nuts

Snickers Chocolate Bar

Cranberries

Doritos Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips

A selection from the fruit basket

Assorted cheeses with garnishes

Comment

I took this flight last year in F and the 1st meal was served at around 10:30 am SGT. I don't think there is any other meal but breakfast that is appropriate for this time. Still way too early for lunch. There are BTC options for Breakfast for certain meals if you think the choices that's going to appear in the BF menu may not be appropriate for your timing. At least that's what I did by BTC the Nasi Lemak for the flight. And if you find something more liking for yourself once you get the menu onboard, you can always tell the crew that you'll take something off the menu and forget about the BTC you ordered.
            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

There's no BTC for breakfast as a first meal service but you can choose from a list of breakfast online such as nasi lemak. For second meal service, I'd select a proper meal option from the BTC online. You see, I don't do lazy late breakfast.

OK, from your suggestion guys, I hope I can swap BTC for the first service and choose the menu for the second service. I'd be disappointed if the crew get funny about this especially after paying premium fare. Otherwise, I might as well fly J A380 ex-SIN midday departure, saving me a couple of quids. Any comment from people who know SQ first class trained crew?
              Last edited by SQFM; 3 October 2008, 07:23 PM.

Comment

There's no BTC for breakfast as a first meal service
                Unless this is a recent change, it wasn't the case when I took the flight Sep 2007. As long as it was a breakfast designated BTC meal and does not fall under a "refreshment" nor "continental" type of meal service.

I called SQ in HK to BTC Nasi Lemak for the the BF meal and it was delivered to me for the flight when the BF meal took place not long after takeoff.
                My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Yes, you are right. I just checked online. There's a BTC for breakfast first service but is a limited choice. The choice includes yu pian mi fen, fish porridge, nasi lemak, fish ball kway teow soup and some others but excluding steak, lamb, veal, salmon, lobster thermidor and kyo kaiseki. It is a cheap offering in First if you ask me. Anyone can buy the above breakfast for a mere SGD3-4. I might as well pack in my own lunch but will not because I've no reasons, I don't have any medical condition or dietary restriction.

Comment

to 9V-JKL

Thanks for welcoming me as a newly joined member. As the chinese saying, I look forward you folks showing me the ropes.

Comment

OK, from your suggestion guys, I hope I can swap BTC for the first service and choose the menu for the second service. I'd be disappointed if the crew get funny about this especially after paying premium fare.
                      Don't worry, if you've been given this advice by the regulars here, it's because they've tried it first-hand and found no issues.
                      There's a BTC for breakfast first service but is a limited choice. The choice includes yu pian mi fen, fish porridge, nasi lemak, fish ball kway teow soup and some others but excluding steak, lamb, veal, salmon, lobster thermidor and kyo kaiseki. It is a cheap offering in First if you ask me.
                      I'm curious: which airline serves steak, lamb, veal, etc. for breakfast in F? That would be a very remarkable breakfast selection.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Don't worry, if you've been given this advice by the regulars here, it's because they've tried it first-hand and found no issues.

That's comforting to know

I'm curious: which airline serves steak, lamb, veal, etc. for breakfast in F? That would be a very remarkable breakfast selection.
                        One airline I know will serve out anything if you pre-order - welcome to SQFM airline

Comment

There's no BTC for breakfast as a first meal service but you can choose from a list of breakfast online such as nasi lemak. For second meal service, I'd select a proper meal option from the BTC online. You see, I don't do lazy late breakfast.
                          May I recommend an ancient technology? there are times when a telephone call could make more things happen then this new fangled online thing. Like jjpb3 said, its tried and tested 1st-hand

Comment

That's true. Where the human touch has gone these days?

I am sure most will agree with technology we are made even busier.

Comment

Working...
                            X