• Show
Clear All

• Transferring in CHC or AKL

Hi everyone,

If transfer time is a concern, which would you suggest:

SIN - CHC - SYD

or

SIN - AKL - SYD

ie which airport would make it easier to transfer, since the first leg is on SQ, the second one on QF or Emirates (not decided yet).

The bonus with SIN - AKL is the 300ER (travelling in C)

Tks,
    Andy

For international->international transfers, AKL is easier (CHC doesn't have airside transfer except on the NRT/KIX-CHC-AKL flights). AKL also has the advantage of more QF flights to SYD in case your SQ flight is delayed and you misconnect.

Comment

I agree with Kiwi. Go via AKL for easeness in transfer internationally. I had done it couple times. And since you mention about SIN-AKL being on 77W in C class, I will choose that in a heart beat compare to the SpaceBeds to CHC.

Comment

If your final destination is Sydney, why not take SQ 233. It is after all a B777-300ER!

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
          If your final destination is Sydney, why not take SQ 233. It is after all a B777-300ER!
          Welcome to SQTalk, zilchster.
          There are so many reasons why one will take SIN-AKL then connecting to SYD.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
            Actually my reason is slightly simpler... have a business to attend to in AKL on the way back otherwise I'd just take the now famous SQ 221...

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
              have a business to attend to in AKL on the way back
              If u will need to attend to smthg in AKL, y would you ever thought of transferring at CHC? AKL is in Northern Island while CHC is in South.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                If u will need to attend to smthg in AKL, y would you ever thought of transferring at CHC? AKL is in Northern Island while CHC is in South.
                Because the business in AKL is on the way back from SYD and OP is asking about travel on the way to SYD.

Comment

Working...
                X