X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
    was on SIN-PEK this year june
    they served cheese wraps
    Welcome to SQTalk LOWJHG. I believed the cheese wraps you are referring to is not the meal itself but a snack?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
      AFAIK the same applies on the MEL-SIN red-eye. Even in F only 1 meal, you choose if have at start or end of the flight.
      I do the SIN MEL overnighters regularly - about 7 hours. The evening meal service in Y and C is a pain because most people have eaten earlier and just want to sleep. And the breakfast at least an hour before arrival is not much better.

I would be happy if they cut it and provide drinkls and snacks on request.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        AFAIK the same applies on the MEL-SIN red-eye. Even in F only 1 meal, you choose if have at start or end of the flight.
        I've taken all 4 of the SIN-SYD flights & 4 of the SYD-SIN in F (R for SQ222/221) within the last 21 months and really the only flight that has two meals serving at least 3 choices of entrees each was SQ220 which served breakfast after takeoff and lunch prior to landing. The rest were a combination of lunch/dinner/breakfast & refreshment/continental breakfast. So basically in 7/8 SYD flights, you only have "one" real meal or for SQ231 (aka Sleeper Service) only "one" meal total.

OTOH had during the same period when I took the longer AKL flights, each of them had two "proper" meals:
        SQ286 (F): Lunch->Light Meal (In the past it was reverse: Light Meal->Dinner)
        SQ285 (F): Dinner->Breakfast
        SQ282 (J): Supper->Breakfast
        SQ281 (J): Breakfast->Dinner

I guess SQ has designated the SYD flights as "Medium Haul" as oppose to Long Haul. Not surprisingly during the PPS Sector days, taking AKL-SIN in F earns you 1.5 more sector than taking SYD-SIN in F.
        Last edited by Rejuvenated; 8 October 2008, 01:12 PM.
        My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

To say the A380 flights to SYD are not fun for the crew would be an understatement. If you get chatting to any A380 crew, ask them do they enjoy the SYD flights.

Last time I flew to SYD I was in 17K on the A380 so had a birds eye view of what goes on in the galley. It was manic, and I felt sorry for them. Service was still impeccable though, despite the pressure they were under.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            To say the A380 flights to SYD are not fun for the crew would be an understatement. If you get chatting to any A380 crew, ask them do they enjoy the SYD flights.

Last time I flew to SYD I was in 17K on the A380 so had a birds eye view of what goes on in the galley. It was manic, and I felt sorry for them. Service was still impeccable though, despite the pressure they were under.
            SQ do "optimise" the crew to passenger. Noted many of them working at crazy pace on a number flights. Believed the ratio of pax to crew have increased over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              It looks like you have the services very well memorized. I think SQ would be very happy if you work for them.
              Hmm just noticed this again.
              Just want to comment a bit. The poster perhaps indeed have memorized the services very well. But may be because the poster has taken the flight too often. Thus, not necessarily would be a good employee of SQ, because the poster would be a real PITA for SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                Hmm just noticed this again.
                Just want to comment a bit. The poster perhaps indeed have memorized the services very well. But may be because the poster has taken the flight too often. Thus, not necessarily would be a good employee of SQ, because the poster would be a real PITA for SQ.
                Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

I have over the years always conducted my little "SQ Survey" on each flight, while talking to a member of the crew (any rank) I've asked them if they have to name one sector or destination that is "least favourite". Over the years the answers have been 100% consistent and the changes in opinion have consistent across all crew.

It surprised me hugeliy recently that a crew member said he'd surprise med and I told him that was hardly likely. He did. London. Why? A380 and size of biz class and galley layout and the more personalised service made the sector hell. In addition many of the crew also experienced doing SIN-SYD-SIN and then SIN-LHR-SIN back to back. Since the crew trained on A380 is a smaller group the chances of getting this back to back was large.

TMSQ

Comment

Originally posted by TooMuchSQ? View Post
                    Why? A380 and size of biz class and galley layout and the more personalised service made the sector hell.
                    Just wondering, what kind of crew to pax ratio does SQ have in J?
                    Is it higher or lower on the new J flights (A380/B77W)?
                    I know that SQ has 3 crew members working on the upper deck of B744s, compared to 2 on most other airlines (CX, BA, QF for example).

Comment

Working...
                    X