Overbooked Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overbooked Flights

On one of my tickets in C Cabin, I asked the pleasant check-in agent if the C cabin (no F Cabin) was full. She said yes and as a matter of fact overbooked. She added that the system now is that the passengers last ticket booked on C Class will have to miss their flight.

Is she correct and is this something of a recent development?

Anecdotally, overbooking in J seems recent.

Given the rampant bottom-line driven business practices of SQ, more aggressive yield management even in F and J wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
      She added that the system now is that the passengers last ticket booked on C Class will have to miss their flight.
      So its the last passenger to book, or the last passenger to check in? I wouldn't be happy if I purchased my ticket last... checked in early... got my BP, then at the gate was told that I couldn't fly.
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
        So its the last passenger to book, or the last passenger to check in? I wouldn't be happy if I purchased my ticket last... checked in early... got my BP, then at the gate was told that I couldn't fly.
        I was told it was based on the last passenger to book and not on the check-in order.

Comment

It is rarely for Golden Goose to oversell. Even when I was waitlisted for SIN-PVG in J, the ticketing agent adivsed to confirm booking in Y first. I would be surprised with this lack of capacity control

Comment

SQ overbooks as does any airline. People are not dumped in the order they bought the ticket. Usually, people will be upgraded. Being *G might help but usually they would dump people not checking in early enough...

Comment

Doesn't make much sense as usually the last person to book pays the highest price... would make more sense in terms of economics to bump the person who paid the lowest amount...

Comment

Working...
              X