Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch of new medium-haul C seats [UPDATE: A330]

Someone whom little birds confide in asked me to post this tidbit:

SQ will soon be unveiling new seats for those 'regional' flights that some passengers didn't really really consider regional because of their length and timing. More details will be revealed later, but we do know that the seats will feature:
    • Much more comfortable lounging and dot dot dot positions than what is currently on offer for those routes
    • Much better seat pitch than what European C seat offers (not difficult, that one )
    • Electronic adjustment to the seating/lying position (hmmm, gears and buzzing noises)

(I think you can tell who the birds' confidante is. )
    Last edited by jjpb3; 26 September 2008, 01:05 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Someone whom little birds confide in asked me to post this tidbit:

SQ will soon be unveiling new seats for those 'regional' flights that some passengers didn't really really consider regional because of their length and timing. More details will be revealed later, but we do know that the seats will feature:
    • Much more comfortable lounging and dot dot dot positions than what is currently on offer for those routes
    • Much better seat pitch than what European C seat offers (not difficult, that one )
    • Electronic adjustment to the seating/lying position (hmmm, gears and buzzing noises)

(I think you can tell who the birds' confidante is. )
    Is that so?
    This gossip pita thinks that the new seat will be introduced when SQ rolls out the spanking brand new A330. And this pita has to juggle the dice for NGO or BNE.
    Oh actually it reminds me of the style in Lufthansa Business Class in terms of features like where you can put bottled water, store your shoes, and there are presets positions for seating or snoozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing.
    Of course no middle seats.

Inaugural flight anyone?

Note: This gossip pita just got hit by the heavy fridge door yesterday and got a cut above his left eyebrows. Thus, he might be crazy with his posts here due to minor concussion.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Inaugural flight anyone?
      When and where?

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Note: This gossip pita just got hit by the heavy fridge door yesterday and got a cut above his left eyebrows. Thus, he might be crazy with his posts here due to minor concussion.
      Ouch - I hate the way fridge doors jump out at unsuspecting passersby. Hope you're okay (perhaps after some suitable medicinal drinks?)

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        When and where?

My guess is India with the competition from Jet Airways and perhaps the Australia flights due to longer distances.

Comment

Australian flights are considered "regional" as well? Perth perhaps, but Sydney??
          Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
            Australian flights are considered "regional" as well? Perth perhaps, but Sydney??
            Yep, PER, BNE, ADL in Australia... SIN - DXB - IST is also served by regional aircraft. There are many more too....
            matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              When and where?
              Where? Re-read my post again!
              When? When SQ gets its A330.

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
                SYD is done with 747 as far as I can remember, and recently A380 and 77W also introduced.

Comment

A330 launch is in December right?

Comment

Well fellas a little birdie told me today again confirming what i heard from another that the new plane / new seats will be flying out to BNE around March.

Is this news any news to you or am i just getting excited with my first "supposed" birdie talk haha.

Comment

The question I have is whether with these new planes, SQ will impose a surcharge and also require additional miles for redemption? With all eyes scrutinizing the bottom line, I am concerned we will have deja vu.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
                        Yep, PER, BNE, ADL in Australia... SIN - DXB - IST is also served by regional aircraft. There are many more too....
                        True, but not SYD or MEL if I recall. I am just wondering which region is considered "regional" as far as the airline is concerned...those that were served by the A310, or the current B777-200 (derated version)?
                        Help make this article a better one!

Comment

I saw this post in TOF by Nick C. Hope he can clarify my questions here.

Originally posted by Nick C
                          From TOF:
                          The A330 will be replacing the current 18 772/773s without AVOD installed so it's possible that we might see them on those routes. BNE & NGO are believed to be on the top of the list.
                          Any info about configuration? I see that AF, NW, BD, BR has A330 and use 2 - 2 - 2 configuration for the C class. And the total seats for C ranges from 18 to 36. Will SQ decide to have a large C cabin? I heard something like 9 rows of C? Is that plausible, Nick C?
                          How about the Y configuration?
                          And which one has more vote for the first A330 destination? BNE or NGO?

Note: Apology for asking here. Hope you understand.

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
                            So, lemme see if I have this straight: the A330s are to replace the older 772s and 773s, and the older 772s are
                            J30, Y293 craft in the 9V-SRx and 9V-SQx series. The
                            A330s therefore don't displace J30, Y255 772ERs (9V-SVx) with spacebeds....right?

Are SQ really using J30, Y293 configs on SIN-BNE and SIN-NGO? I know they do use 'em on SIN-PER; I've suffered that indignity. But to BNE? Not even spacebeds, yet? So, you're saying a new regional A330 is an upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                              But to BNE? Not even spacebeds, yet? So, you're saying a new regional A330 is an upgrade?
                              So, lemme get this straight: you don't consider lie-flat seats (rumors say they aren't angled); 3 pre-set positions (and those in between) controlled electronically; storage space matching what other airlines offer long-haul (see SQ LPP 's post right after my OP); and no seats without aisle access (again, see SQ LPP's post) to be an upgrade over the current mid-haul offering?

Tough crowd we have here on SQT; seems to me no credit is being given where it's due.
                              Last edited by jjpb3; 19 October 2008, 07:12 AM.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X