SQ To Riyadh Starting Dec. 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ To Riyadh Starting Dec. 14

New route to Riyadh via Dubai four times a week starts December 14.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_281657.html

SINGAPORE - SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) said on Tuesday it will begin service to the Saudi Arabian capital Riyadh in December.
    SIA said the flights, via Dubai, will begin Dec 14 using the Boeing 777-200 aircraft. The carrier will operate four flights a week on the route.

'The introduction of Singapore Airlines' new service to Riyadh is a sign of our confidence in the tremendous potential of the Middle Eastern region,' said Mr Huang Cheng Eng, a Singapore Airlines' executive vice president.

SIA said it will continue its three times a week service to Jeddah, via Abu Dhabi. -- AFP

If they price RUH anything like JED, this would have been a fabulous sector run for me in the old days. I qualified and renewed for PPS for three years on the basis of 2 return trips a year to MEL and/or PEK from JED. One of the very few glimmers of light in my three dark years in that pit called KSA.

Comment

I suppose this will be the SQ494/495 onward sector after SIN-DXB. Will this mean a change in the departure time from SIN in the afternoon or will they keep to the same time? Currently it is operating with 773. If they use 772, that is a downgrading in capacity, right?
      there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
        I suppose this will be the SQ494/495 onward sector after SIN-DXB. Will this mean a change in the departure time from SIN in the afternoon or will they keep to the same time? Currently it is operating with 773. If they use 772, that is a downgrading in capacity, right?
        I believe this is a new flight. The flights numbers will be SQ496/497. This brings SQ to 20 weekly flights to Dubai.

All the other flights to DXB will be operated with a 773 with the RUH flight as a 772.

Comment

No, these are totally new flights.

Flight No. Day of Op Depart Arrive Depart Arrive

SQ496 Tues/Thu/Sat/Sun SIN 1250hrs DXB 1625hrs DXB 1725hrs RUH 1820hrs
          SQ497 Tue/Thu/Sat/Sun RUH 2015hrs DXB 2250hrs DXB 2350hrs SIN 1105hrs+1

Comment

Going via DXB also allows them to have crew already in DXB do a turnaround to RUH and avoid having crew stopover, a la JED which uses crew in AUH.

Comment

Press release is at http://www.singaporeair.com/mediacen...ws/NE_5308.jsp
              matt_will_fix_it

Comment

According to the press release it won't be SQ496/497, but rather SQ454/453.

Comment

Looks like they've changed the flight numbers. It was SQ496/497 when I copied and pasted from the press release.

Comment

Riyadh to come online in SIA network

RIYADH will come online on Dec 14, with SIA launching a four-times-weekly Boeing 777-200 service to the Saudi Arabian capital via Dubai.

The Riyadh service will operate every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

post moved to existing thread. Continue discussion on RUH here

Comment

Working...
                      X