Booking in Suite shows as "First Class" on singaporeair.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking in Suite shows as "First Class" on singaporeair.com

I logged on today to call SQ to do some changes and as I looked at my booking, it now says "First class" when it used to say "Suites".
    Has anybody else seen something like this as well?

Did the a/c type change as well?

Comment

Yes, I've had the same happen to my booking but otherwise, everything else is exactly the same as before.

The a/c type shows up on SQ.com as 388.

Comment

I guess I should have said that I was shocked and wondered if SQ322 had been changed to 744 but no, it still shows as 388 for the same day. Now that I think about it a bit more, didn't the A380 use to show in schedules as 380? Now it shows 388. Maybe they did not reprogram the web site to say Suites when it sees that class of service on 388 instead of 380?

Comment

Not sure if this is relavent but my booking info changed slightly from Business A380 to Business 388.

so perhaps, unless an aircraft change, just them calling suits first as you cant have suits and first class on a/c with suits.

Thought I'd defo check that the a/c hasny changed!

Skooby

Comment

Yes, I think you're right. I don't remember seeing 388 before.

From others (who, unlike me so far, bothered to get a seat assignment), I understand that the seatmaps still show the A380, seat assignments remain the same and if you book a new reservation on SQ.com, it still shows suites.

So no need to panic!

Comment

Ah, QF had similar wierdness when they changed their A380 a/c designator. It took some weeks for all the systems and GDSs to reflect properly (eg missing seat maps, wrong labels, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                So no need to panic!
                Well, I got worried because I need to change the date. I got scared they would want to downgrade me to a 744. I will let you know....

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                  Well, I got worried because I need to change the date. I got scared they would want to downgrade me to a 744. I will let you know....
                  If I were you, I would not change your date when you are booked on A380 if you did not pay "R class". I mean if your Suite is due to the equipment change when SQ introduced A380 for the flight. I heard that SQ is very keen to look up your payment details. If it was for F on 744 before, SQ will put you back on 744. But that's just my two cents.

Comment

True what SQ LPP said. If it was originally a First Class booking converted to R, any changes in date will put you back in F.
                    Back to OP, IMHO it is just a technical glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      If I were you, I would not change your date when you are booked on A380 if you did not pay "R class". I mean if your Suite is due to the equipment change when SQ introduced A380 for the flight. I heard that SQ is very keen to look up your payment details. If it was for F on 744 before, SQ will put you back on 744. But that's just my two cents.
                      Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      True what SQ LPP said. If it was originally a First Class booking converted to R, any changes in date will put you back in F.
                      Back to OP, IMHO it is just a technical glitch.
                      Actually I it is true I payed for F, not R, but have already done a change once and have kept the R class. I think it is normal. I paid for that flight schedule and I need it to be able to connect to the next flight. In any case, it has not been an issue and I do not expect it to be. So to address your concern, I do not think it is founded.

Comment

Good to hear it worked out for you & thanks for posting your experience, DeltaFlyingProf. That was what I was told by my PPS coordinator anyway.

Comment

Well maybe my luck is that the connecting flight only flies once a day and the 744 arrives too late to take it....

Comment

Working...
                          X