SQ Lobbies HKG-NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
    I think it would be good if they had a flight out at around 6ish in the morning and arrive at around 10ish. I wonder why it is only served by UA.
    That would kill connections beyond SIN on both ends of the flight. Departing SIN at 6:00 am means any connections coming into SIN to meet the flight have to arrive the night before and overnight. Getting to NYC around 10ish would mean either a wasteful all-day park on the ramp (like SQ 25/26 now) or a daytime flight NYC-HKG arriving HKG late evening and arriving SIN around midnight, killing same-night connections beyond SIN on that end.

UA's hub is on the US side of the Pacific, so the daytime arrival is great for connections eastward, and an early afternoon departure to Asia is late enough for connections from the east coast. For UA, SIN is sort of a deadhead airport, so available onward connections don't matter as much. The opposite is true for SQ, since their hub is SIN.

Comment

The discussion over at Airliners.net can be a frustrating read for some.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4145725/
      Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Is it more than 50 posts ?. If so, no thanks.

That's time I'd never get back.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Is it more than 50 posts ?. If so, no thanks.

That's time I'd never get back.
          148 before it got locked as it got into a "fight"

Comment

Haha they got into a "fight" long ago. I am personally quite amused that individuals from an economy famed for being pro-competition are behaving no different from our friends from down below....most probably because the entity in question is the evil Singapore Airlines!
            Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Perhaps SQ has decided to be more active in lobbying for rights with the failure of the strategy of airline acquisitions or acquisitions not turning out well. But at least easier measure is simply to enhance the PPS, which is much more immediate.

I read from another post here that the number of bookings in Premium class from HKG based travellers have dropped with the changes in PPS requirements and another that SQ is offering KF Gold membership for certain category of Pax.

It may well be that SQ is realizing the effects of a downgraded PPS particularly with the credit crunch situation reducing travel allowances.

Comment

Working...
              X