Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011 View Post
    Well, one SQ B744 was withdrawn from service, so its now only 23 B744s
    Which one? 9V-SMJ, 9V-SMM, and 9V-SMT were all retired recently, leaving 24 in the SQ fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
      Welcome to SQT, KyraPractor.

The 744s fly to: LAX, SFO, NRT (2x), FRA (2x), SYD (3x), LHR (3x), JFK, MEL, ICN, AKL (that's leaving soon IIRC), HKG
      HEY thx for the reply but btw wad is NRT(2x)? i no it means Tokyo-Narita but wad is the (2x)? Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        They do. 1 flight/day

Also AKL, HKG, ICN. Once in a rare while KUL as well.

And of course welcome to SQT KyraPractor. Are you in real life a Chiropractor?
        Hey there!!! Not a real chiropractor but i found it quite interesting, so i invented my own spelling lor... A student currently... Btw where is ICN huh?? Is CGK Paris??? A B744 will fly to KL as well? Wadever for?

Comment

Even the SQ press release says 23 as well. And of course they won't mention the A345s for obvious reasons.
          Hey there!!! wad are the obvious reasons they wun mention A340-500 'leadership'? Hmmm

Comment

Well, one SQ B744 was withdrawn from service, so its now only 23 B744s
            Hey there!!! Y do they withdraw the 744?? Izzit cos it's above the age limit? And wad do they do with it? Sell it off and purchase more planes?? Thx

Comment

Originally posted by KyraPractor
              A student currently... Btw where is ICN huh?? Is CGK Paris??? A B744 will fly to KL as well? Wadever for?
              ICN is Seoul-Incheon. CGK is Jakarta. They may put the 744s just to maximize utilization in case another plane is in maintenance.

HEY thx for the reply but btw wad is NRT(2x)? i no it means Tokyo-Narita but wad is the (2x)? Thanks again
              Sorry, it's actually 3x daily. Forgot about one. It's the number of daily flights into the airport. So NRT (3x) is 3 daily flights into NRT.

Hey there!!! wad are the obvious reasons they wun mention A340-500 'leadership'? Hmmm
              Because Airbus is the direct competitor to Boeing.

Hey there!!! Y do they withdraw the 744?? Izzit cos it's above the age limit? And wad do they do with it? Sell it off and purchase more planes?? Thx
              They're reducing the 744 fleet because they're aging. Some of the oldest are some 15 years old. They usually sell the planes off and they usually get good prices since SQ keeps them in great shape.
              Last edited by globetrekker84; 21 December 2006, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Steward Wannabe

Hey pple!!! I'm new to aeroplanes so pls pardon me for me constant questioning... So i was wondering, any1 here also hving the passion of being a cabin crew or currently wking with SQ/ever wked with SQ??? Thx!!! Looking forward to ** replies

Comment

They're reducing the 744 fleet because they're aging. Some of the oldest are some 15 years old. They usually sell the planes off and they usually get good prices since SQ keeps them in great shape.
                  The oldest SQ JumboJet still in service is 9V-SMP. She turned 14 years old this month. She will be retired when 9V-SWE joins the fleet -- probably next month.

Comment

Originally posted by KyraPractor View Post
                    A B744 will fly to KL as well? Wadever for?
                    On that occasion I flew it, it was the Chinese New Year period so that sort of needed some additional capacity then

In fact KUL gets all sorts of planes there due to substitution or added short-term capacity. MH does the same thing too. I've flown a MH744 on that route as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda
                      The oldest SQ JumboJet still in service is 9V-SMP. She turned 14 years old this month.
                      Eh. Close enough.

Comment

Ook... Btw how do u pple noe so much???

Comment

Hey any1 here got msn messenger??? Can add as frens!!! Gd idea rite? lol

Comment

Well, SQ has a strict fleet age:

1. Airbus A340-541: 2.9 years

2. Boeing 747-412: 9.1 years

3. Boeing 777: 5.2 years

Source:
                            http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/S...20Airlines.htm

Not sure if this is helpful
                            Last edited by AndrewSQ011; 22 December 2006, 12:53 AM.
                            "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Hey pple!!! I'm new to aeroplanes so pls pardon me for me constant questioning...
                              Welcome to SQTalk. Here's a tip. Type whole words. Its annoying to see sms talk and writing in Singlish.

Comment

Well, SQ has a strict fleet age:

1. Airbus A340-541: 2.9 years

2. Boeing 747-412: 9.1 years

3. Boeing 777: 5.2 years

Source:
                                http://www.airfleets.net/ageflotte/S...20Airlines.htm

Not sure if this is helpful
                                SIA depreciates the value of its aircraft over 12 years, and aims to sell them off right after that so that proceeds from the sale can be booked as profit. It will lease the same sold aircraft back after that if it needs to.

Comment

Working...
                                X