Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Home... A Few Questions

Hi People,

Long Time reader, but first time poster here. Just wanting to ask a few questions about my upcoming flights and holiday back to OZ from the UK on the 26th Sept.

First Question is not entirley SQ related, but i was just wondering if anyone who has flown out of Manchester has experienced the Escape Lounge and their thoughts on it. I have booked it with my partner for 6am on the flight and was curious if they serve a decent breakfast or any food for that matter?? We have to be at the airport for 6am, and am hoping to get something to eat in the lounge.

2nd question is flight related, i am flying on sq327(man-sin), which is supect is the 772-ER?? we are travelling in economy, and i was wondering if their were dc power or adapter connections in economy for my laptop?? I suspect their isnt from looking at seat guru, but am unsure if sq is retro fitting things like that onto their planes, due to the a380 and 777-300er having them in their Y Class.

Also is their several snack services on the flight or a self serve galley? As my partner is pregnant and is hoping to eat small quantities and often on the flight.

The final question with regards to the flight, is the plane definitely fitted with AVOD? I cant imagine a 13hr flight not having a decent avod setup, but as i havent flown sq for years, i am hoping for my sake that they do. lol .

Next question, and one i notice a few people on the forum have asked similar to me, is that we arrive into singapore at around 6am on the 27th sept. We are leaving singapore for brisbane just after midnight on the 29thsept so we are in singapore around a day and a half, we have booked into the holiday inn off orchard rd, and we are planing to only have our carry on luggage with us to the hotel. Has anyone else tried to check through their baggage to oz or anywhere for that matter with that time gap between flights??? Failing That how does the left baggage system at changi airport work, is it safe, secure and worth doing???

Sorry for the long posting and endless questions, but as this is my partners and her mums first experience of going to australia or travelling long haul. I want to make sure I do it right, and i knew the first thing to do was to book the flights with SQ

The sad thing is, is that im looking more forward to fling on Sq then actually going back home to oz.

Anyway thanks for reading my post, and i look forward to your help lol

Cheers John

Welcome to SQTalk, HalifaxFlyer.

The Escape Lounge at MAN is a pretty standard run of the mill airline lounge (but much better than the Servisair lounge...!). It's got the usual snacks and drinks on in there at breakfast ; cereals, various bakery items etc. They used to have a toaster as well but the airport Fire Brigade banned these when some numpty set fire to the Servisair Lounge with one a couple of years ago...

As for the MAN-SIN flight itself. I am not actually sure about the power adaptors in Y, but am sure someone on here will. You will definitely get a 772ER with AVOD.

The crew do pretty regular sweeps of the cabin with snacks, but if you need anything in between they will happily get something for you. Remember this is SQ, where they care about service throughout the entire flight, and don't disappear between meals like some.

You may be able to send your checked luggage straight through to BNE, but I have never done so that far out so hopefully someone else can confirm. The left luggage at Changi is very safe and secure.

Comment

Regarding check through bags, as far as I know it can be done through SIN if less than 24hours. You arrive 27th at 6 am and leaves 49 hours later. Why you can do is to pick up bags at Changi. Clear immigation customs then go to departure hall to ck in which allow 48 hours prior.
      Welcome to SQTalk

Comment

I normally travel ex-LHR, but I took 327 a couple of years ago. MAN Flyer answers most of your questions, so here are some points to add

Originally posted by HalifaxFlyer View Post
        i was wondering if their were dc power or adapter connections in economy for my laptop??
        Also is their several snack services on the flight or a self serve galley?
        we are in singapore around a day and a half ... Has anyone else tried to check through their baggage to oz or anywhere for that matter with that time gap between flights???
        -- No power that I can remember on the 772ERs, sorry; but the AVOD should keep you plenty occupied (no guarantee of AVOD between SIN-BNE though, as you might get one of the older regional 777s)

-- Lots of snacks available between meals - usually the snack menu consists of one type of fruit, one type of chocolate bar or cake, peanuts, crisps, and one meat and one vegetarian mini-sandwich or bun; and these items are stocked in vast quantities - you will not be going hungry! The stewardesses will come around every few hours, but you can always use the call button or walk to the rear galley, where they will be happy to help

-- I'm not sure if the staff at MAN will check you in, but you can always pick up your bags at SIN and re-check-in yourself - according to this page, you can check in at Changi up to 48 hours before your flight

Have a great trip!

Comment

Working...
        X