Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ --> QF in SYD

Hi guys....

I was trying to book BNE-ICN via SIN but unforunately it's fully booked. So I have to do BNE-SIN-ICN-SIN-SYD-BNE with SYD-BNE on QF.

I'm having some questions about check-in luggages.

1. SQ allows me to have a number of luggages to be checked in as long as they stay under 20kg (in whY) but QF allows me to have only one piece of luggage under 32kg. So when I check-in at ICN, which check-in luggage rule do I have to follow?

2. Does it really matter if I buy two seperate tickets on SQ and QF or is it advantageous to get all the flights in one single itineraty by TA?

3. Does SQ interline with QF so that luggages can be checked all the way to BNE?

4. SQ231 (SIN-SYD) arrives in SYD at 10:55AM. There are QF flights to BNE from SYD at 12:35PM, 13:05PM, 13:35PM, 14:05PM all departing from domestic terminal. Which one should I take?

I apologise for asking so many questions since I haven't done any multi-airlines itinery flights.

Thanks in advance

1. You'd follow SQ's allowance in ICN; however it is up to the QF agent in SYD as to whether s/he will charge you for excess or not.

2. You'd be unprotected in the event of delays or cancellations when traveling across separate tickets. Having said that I've personally found QF ground staff to be v accomodating in rebooking when I miss onward connections due to delays on incoming flights, even when on separate tkts.

3. Regardless of whether SQ interlines your bags all the way to BNE, you'd have to pick them up and recheck them at SYD for CIQ clearance. The only way to avoid this is to catch the domestic SYD-BNE sector of an international flight, ie QF flight numbers 399 and below which will leave from the international terminal (T1) in SYD, and you'd then clear CIQ in BNE as though you've arrived on an international flight.

Otherwise, it is quite straightforward to check in for your onward connection at the Qantas transfer facility in the arrivals hall at SYD T1, and you'd be driven across to T3 on the courtesy bus transfer.

4. I usually give myself at least 90 mins for an international-domestic transfer at SYD.

No need to apologise for asking questions.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 August 2008, 09:31 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thanks KeithMEL Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X