OLCI and exit row seat assignments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLCI and exit row seat assignments?

I think that this subject has been touched upon in different threads, but I'm keen to hear a definitive answer...

Does the SQ online check-in assign exit row seats in Y, e.g. Row 31?

My recent few experiences is that I can never get Row 31 online, but on several occasions I have been able to get reassigned to it at the airport (i.e. implying that Row 31 was in fact not occupied)...

Others may have had experience getting Row 31 at OLCI?

I've been able to get a 31 at OLCI, but it wasn't a bassinet seat. IIRC, not all 31s are bassinet seats, so I got lucky.

Comment

I have on more than 1 occasion seen 31 open at OLCI and like SQFG, the bassinet seats were not available.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Does the SQ online check-in assign exit row seats in Y, e.g. Row 31?

My recent few experiences is that I can never get Row 31 online, but on several occasions I have been able to get reassigned to it at the airport (i.e. implying that Row 31 was in fact not occupied)...

Others may have had experience getting Row 31 at OLCI?
        The only time I could do OLCI for row 31 was when it was already assigned for me when I login.

Related question -> Is row 31 reserved for pax with status ?
        Because in my recent trip to ZRH, a pax that has never been on SQ before sat next to me in row 31.

Comment

I have (just recently) been able to reserve a row 31 seat, even a bassinet seat by doing -forgot which one- online booking or online check-in. On this very same flight, my traveling companion, a KF Blue, saw row 31 open for him, but the bassinet seats not selectable.

Comment

IIRC, Bulk head rows are usually not available at OLCI... U can call Golden Goose call center and indicate seat preference tho

Comment

I recall in the days when SQ had phone in check in service, you could get row 31 or for that matter the emergency exit door row when I was flying between PVG and SIN. Now they have taken away that option, and the OLCI is even more restrictive. If I had booked my ticket online, I get to choose my seat. Because of my travel arrangements could not be done online in the way I wanted, I had to buy the ticket from SQ office here in DXB. And I can't book the seat on Y class until 48 hours before my departure. My experience with SQ online system has been less than happy to say the least. Had one instance where I flew DXB-SIN-HAN direct, and the booking class became Q class while the return leg, with a layover in SIN it was on M class and this was done by the system without me knowing. So I lost my entire mileage in one direction and I appealed to KF and it fell on deaf ears. So much for streamlining the customer services until they had forgotten whom they are serving: the system features or meeting customer needs. Hope someone in SIA is hearing this. Sigh.
              there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Just to add two data points from the past 1 week.

SIN-HKG:
                • Online E class purchase.
                • Made seat selection at purchase approx. 12 hours before actual departure.
                • Bulkhead/exit rows 31 and 45 (772) showed as unavailable.
                • However was able to select 45H, not technically an bulkhead/exit seat, but effectively one of the best seats in Y.
                • Flight was actually around 60% full in Y.
                • Row 45 D-E-G were actually not assigned despite being unavailable online. Not sure about Row 31.

SIN-KUL:
                • Online E class purchase.
                • Made seat selection at purchase approx. 48 hours before actual departure.
                • Row 31 showed availability and I was able to select 31H.
                • Have not flown yet so not sure about actual load.

Comment

Thanks for reporting back.
                  I wonder if HKG is long enough flight that SQ wants pax to pay a surcharge for bulkhead/emex seat for.

Comment

Working...
                  X