Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Meal Request Option on F???

Dear all,
    Just tried to modify my meal request online yesterday for my next trip.
    And the meal request options showed:

Book The Cook
    Yummy!
    Child Meal
    Dietary Meals
    Infant Meals
    Japanese Meal
    Oriental & Seafood Meals
    Religious Meals
    Vegetarian Meals

All the option looks familiar for me except the Japanese Meal.
    And this option opens from all station.
    Is this Japanese Meal really a new option, or it's just me not pay enough attention in the past?
    Have anyone had sampled this option?
    Ussualy I BTC Kyo-Kaiseki if I want Japanese Meal ex SIN, so what is the difference beetwen Kyo-Kaiseki and Japanese Meal option ex SIN or ex any other station including NRT?

Thanks all...

Could be the Gyudon ex SIN?

AFAIK, Kyo-kaiseki unavailable ex SIN

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Could be the Gyudon ex SIN?

AFAIK, Kyo-kaiseki unavailable ex SIN
      Yes for J...
      But for F, Kyo-Kaiseki always available ex SIN...

Btw, the "Japanese Meal" option that I mentioned before is for F from all station (which is overlaped with Kyo-kaiseki ex SIN). But no such option for C, just regular option plus BTC J.

Anyone??

Comment

Dent@SUB: My mistake on the Kyo-Kaiseki (indeed, was thinking of another airport). It is available in SIN.

From Raffles Class Meal Selections here:

Menu - Japanese Cuisine

Gyu-Don

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Dent@SUB: My mistake on the Kyo-Kaiseki (indeed, was thinking of another airport). It is available in SIN.

From Raffles Class Meal Selections here:
          Kyo, what I mentioned above are meal selection options for First class, not Raffles class which are seem normal for me.
          The thing I want to know, what Japanese Meal is???
          Ex SIN we have Kyo-Kaiseki from BTC option, but we also have Japanese Meal option beside those in BTC.

Comment

I think I can offer some clarification here.

The "Japanese Meal" option is NOT the same as kyo kaiseki or nigiri sushi or gyu-don. It is a generic specialty meal (like diabetic, Hindu, etc....).

I ordered it for breakfast from SIN-BKK once and it was served on the same tray (and with the same bowls, etc) as the usual kyo-kaiseki, but the actual foods were not the same. The first tray was cold appetizers, and a plate of fruit.
            The second part had warm foods including a fish dish, and came on another tray with the kyo kaiseki Japanese little plates/bowls again.

My guess is that for the full meal service, the actual kyo kaiseki would BE the "Japanese meal" if you booked it.
            Last edited by flyingfox; 20 August 2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
              I think I can offer some clarification here.

The "Japanese Meal" option is NOT the same as kyo kaiseki or nigiri sushi or gyu-don. It is a generic specialty meal (like diabetic, Hindu, etc....).

I ordered it for breakfast from SIN-BKK once and it was served on the same tray (and with the same bowls, etc) as the usual kyo-kaiseki, but the actual foods were not the same, and the fruit was served on the same tray. It was very good. It was basically the same set-up as the first tray from the "kyo kaiseki".

I have a picture of it but can't download it - will try.

My guess is that for the full meal service, the actual kyo kaiseki would BE the "Japanese meal" if you booked it.
              Thanks flyingfox.
              Now it's make sense...

Comment

Working...
              X