J Class from Manchester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Class from Manchester

Does anybody know if the business class flights from Manchester on the 777 is the new product or the old one?

Thanks,

Originally posted by porsche View Post
    Does anybody know if the business class flights from Manchester on the 777 is the new product or the old one?

Thanks,
    SIN-MAN is a 772ER. Only spacebed seats in J.

Comment

wil this be upgraded at soon

Comment

I doubt it. Manchester is after all a secondary city in England.

Comment

If you mean will it get the 77W, then definitely not as it stands.

The current SpaceBed equipped 772ER is going down from daily to five times a week from the start of the Northern Winter schedule.

Comment

Yep this is why I'm flyinging from the dredded LHR to get the upgraded C class seats

Skooby

Comment

Indeed, I had a similar query upon joining.
              It's 772ER, so as Nick and MAN-Flyer have both pointed out, it's a Spacebed J seat, which reclines to 8deg, not fully flat.

But let's be honest - while it's not cutting edge, it's still an improvement over Y. Which, given my parents recent experience, is still pretty good.

Two options:
              1. Fly from LHR a la Skooby.
              2. Relax and just enjoy the SQ Experience a la me.

Personally, I'd rather put up with an "old product" than have to go via London.
              If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

I'd go from MAN - if only to avoid LHR.

Sometimes I find that J on a 2 class service much better than J on a 3 class service.

Dunno why. Maybe it's cause you're Top of 2 classes on the former, but only 2nd of 3 classes on the latter.

Comment

I was just really wondering why they are not upgrading all the fleet with the new product. I may have to go to Singapore in November but I will put up with Heathrow and get the new J class (or maybe the F on the 747) or possibly even go vis Paris on the 777 with the new J. Does anybody know from Amsterdam what aircraft is used and is this the new J?

Comment

Amsterdam should be served by the 772ER too, Spacebeds.

Comment

I was just really wondering why they are not upgrading all the fleet with the new product. I may have to go to Singapore in November but I will put up with Heathrow and get the new J class (or maybe the F on the 747) or possibly even go vis Paris on the 777 with the new J. Does anybody know from Amsterdam what aircraft is used and is this the new J?
                      well, i am all for new planes, but there are several reasons why they are not upgrading all the fleet. for one, there is a substantial commitment of money involved to change the fleet, and the planes are not very old to begin with. second, SQ is already stretched thin with respect to the fleet... every time a plane gets retrofitted, it has to be pulled from service... SQ makes money when it's planes are in the air, and they already have a shortage of planes. right now, even if they wanted to upgrade the whole fleet, they don't have enough planes to cover while a plane is pulled from service, due to the significant delays by both boeing and airbus. finally, some routes (in SQ's opinion) will not generate enough profit to justify an expenditure of several million dollars to upgrade the plane. i experienced this firsthand when my appetite was whetted by the 77W on the tpe-lax route, and then yanked and redeployed on sin-zrh.
                      as for your second question.... the amsterdam flight is the spacebed... and i believe one of the only europe J of F flights except for MAN, FRA, CPH, ATH and IST that can be booked with KF saver awards or *A awards, as i believe even the last LHR 747 has been blocked out in availability.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                        Amsterdam should be served by the 772ER too, Spacebeds.
                        Indeed. MAN, AMS, CPH and FCO all get SpaceBed 772ER's at the moment.

SQ's MAN flights do get a bit of feed through on EI from Dublin actually.

Comment

Manchester is ideal to link up to Singapore from Dublin but if I am going to sit on a plane for 12/13 hours I want the best seats available to try sleep. I cant find any savings either by routing through Manchester compared to Paris of London apart from maybe saving an hour or two via Manchester. Will maybe look at another route and see whats available.
                          Cheers,

Comment

...if I am going to sit on a plane for 12/13 hours I want the best seats available to try sleep...
                            Correct, and the 77W is a new plane with the 1-2-1 config which is outstanding - but the SpaceBed is still very good in my opinion.

I do the ICN-SIN-ATH about 4 times/yr at the moment. ICN-SIN I choose the 772ER (6 hr flight), SIN-ATH is again the same bird (11:35 hr flight). Up to flying SQ J for the first time early this year I could never get a descent 2-3 hrs of sleep onboard (even on LH C). Now I almost don't even feel the 12 hrs from Sin to Athens.

Yes, the seat on the 77W is even better (especially for sleeping), but the SpaceBed still holds strong out there. In addition, if you combine this with the great SQ J service and the fact that you may be avoiding the fuss and congestion of leaving from a much busier airport/hub, these reasons alone should be good enough. My personal and subjective opinion anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X