SIN to ICN Waitlist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN to ICN Waitlist...

Hello everyone! Have been lurking in the background for awhile and finally plucked up the courage to join the forum...

Well, actually, I need some advice from you guys regarding my booking...

I've made a booking via the SQ website for a short vacation to Seoul (Sweet Deals fare for two - Economy: Fare Class Q...I think...). Am booked on the 31st Aug on SQ 602 arriving on the 1st Sep. However, I'm hoping to reach Seoul on the 31st Aug instead, that leaves me with three options, SQ 602 on the 30 Aug and SQ 16 & 608 on the 31 Aug. All of which are unfortunately full in my fare class, or so I've been informed.

So just wanna check...for the waitlist to clear, does it have to be from my fare class or as long as it is a Y seat. Also, any thoughts on how my chances are?

Any help is sincerely appreciated Thanks!

Originally posted by kennyy View Post
    So just wanna check...for the waitlist to clear, does it have to be from my fare class or as long as it is a Y seat. Also, any thoughts on how my chances are?

Welcome to SQTalk

For a waitlist to clear, it's got to be from your specific fare bucket, however, this is where the controller comes into play. The controller is given huge latitude to move inventory around as and when needed.

Controllers look at flight prognoses - initially this is fairly relaxed a long time before the flight and getting increasingly frantic closer to departure date especially after ticketing deadlines lapse and bookings auto cancel.

For your booking to clear, there may not even be a need for a physical Y seat as the controller also has discretion to oversell (at least in Y and J)

All this happens up until the point of handing over to the station on day of departure (and leaving them to deal with the mess of having to clear an oversold flight )

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Welcome to SQTalk

For a waitlist to clear, it's got to be from your specific fare bucket, however, this is where the controller comes into play. The controller is given huge latitude to move inventory around as and when needed.

Controllers look at flight prognoses - initially this is fairly relaxed a long time before the flight and getting increasingly frantic closer to departure date especially after ticketing deadlines lapse and bookings auto cancel.

For your booking to clear, there may not even be a need for a physical Y seat as the controller also has discretion to oversell (at least in Y and J)

All this happens up until the point of handing over to the station on day of departure (and leaving them to deal with the mess of having to clear an oversold flight )

My neighbour is a controller in SQ...where I cannot get a seat, and if it is urgent or it is family holidays, I will go next door, knock at his door ask.

100% confirmed..... but never got an opt up before...
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
        My neighbour is a controller in SQ
        That's nice! My neighbour is out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          That's nice! My neighbour is out of control.
          LOL! I love your witty responses SQflyergirl, their hilarious!

Comment

Yes...that was really funny!haha...Anyway, thanks guys for your help!
            I've been cleared on 30 Aug SQ 602

thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X