Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No compensation if there is an aircraft change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No compensation if there is an aircraft change?

Hi,
    I just made a dummy booking via singaporeair.com and had a look at the fare rules Referring to this

Additional Conditions
    FOR RNET254 TYPE FARES NOTE - GENERAL RULE DOES NOT APPLY NOTE - ALL BOOKINGS TO BE MADE IN R/F/Z/C/J/AND D CLASS SQ SUITES TO BE BOOKED IN R CLASS. FIRST CLASS TO BE BOOKED IN F CLASS. BUSINESS CLASS TO BE BOOKED IN Z/C/J AND D CLASS. MI BUSINESS CLASS TO BE BOOKED IN C INCLDG SQ/MI CODESHARE SERVICES. MIXED CLASS COMBINATION FARES F/Z TO BE USED ONLY IF NO SUITES CABIN AND/OR NO FIRST CLASS CABIN PRESENT ON THE AIRCRAFT.-- IF NO SUITES/FIRST OR BUSINESS CLASS CABINS ARE PRESENT FOR SOME SERVICES ON SQ OR MI TO BE BOOKED AS FOLLOWS - 1 - R CLASS PASSENGERS SHOULD BE BOOKED IN F OR C CLASS FOR THE APPROPRIATE SECTORS]. 2. - F CLASS PASSENGERS SHOULD BE BOOKED IN Z/C/J/ D/Y CLASS FOR THE APPROPRIATE SECTORS. 3 - Z/C/J/D CLASS PASSENGERS SHOULD BE BOOKED IN Y CLASS FOR THE APPROPRIATE SECTORS.MI-BUSINESS CLASS TO BE BOOKED IN C CLASS INCLUDING SQ/MI CODESHARE SERVICES.WHERE BUSINESS CLASS CABIN IS NOT OFFERED ON A MI FLIGHT TO BE BOOKED IN Y CLASS 4. - THE THROUGH FARE FOR SUITES/FIRST OR BUSINESS CLASS WILL APPLY.

it seem like you wouldn't get any compensation if there was an aircraft change. Do I interpret those rules incorrectly or is it true that although you would pay more for R class they can still put you in F on a B747.
    Last edited by hon2; 12 August 2008, 04:56 PM.
    You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

I read the T&C as saying that for the segments for which R class isn't available (for example, if you have a regional flight continuing from your R class flight), you'd be placed in F or C, whichever is higher.

If you book in R on a flight where that was the advertised option and an equipment swap happens (unlikely, IMO), I don't think you'd be left uncompensated.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by hon2 View Post
      ......Do I interpret those rules incorrectly or is it true that although you would pay more for R class they can still put you in F on a B747.
      I think you misunderstood. I concur with jjpb3, it refers to lower classes for connecting segments. BTW, hugh fonts don't display well on smaller monitors.

Comment

Working...
      X