Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using the VS Club House for J class (a380)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the VS Club House for J class (a380)

Flying with SIA in J to Manila on the 23rd on the A380. I am really looking forward to my first experiance on the A380 but I was thinking of using the VS club house in Heathrow on our way out as its really a wonderful lounge to relax and to eat prior to the flight. I have gone with SIA in F before on the 747 and to be honest the lounge in Heathrow is lovely but not in the same league as VS flag ship.

AS i have not flown a380 I was wondering should I book the cook for the flights or run with the "standard fare" offered on board - Also does anybody know if I can book a treatment if flying with SIA in the VS lounge?

Many thanks

No harm in Booking The Cook... depends if you like what they have to offer, and what you like to eat, I reckon. I guess if you don't like what you see when you BTC, you could ask for another meal once on the plane.

Which treatment are you referring to?

Comment

porsche

I think there mayby some issue as to wether you can even use the VS CH as disscused in other posts.
      http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...p?t=275&page=4

If you know for certain that you can use the club house (please let us know) then im sure you can book treatments subject to avalibilty.

Skooby

Comment

Originally posted by porsche View Post
        Also does anybody know if I can book a treatment if flying with SIA in the VS lounge?
        You can't pre-book but you can see if there is a time slot available once you're in the lounge.

I think dukesy just confirmed for us that SQ J allows you in.

And welcome to SQTalk, porsche.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

see other thread....but im in...with C bp

Just booked massage (hopefully)

sitting with a glass of mumm and a bacon roll, how grandiose !!!
          Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Comment

Thanks guys - My two favorite airlines are SIA and VS so I just had to become a member here to be honest. I will actually be in the loung from 8am till shortly before boarding so I would imagine I should be able to get in for quick shave and facial prior to boarding.

On the "book the cook" facility I think I may book as advised and if I dont like same ask them the change - I dont see this being really a problem - Has anybody had to do this in the past and what has the reaction been from the crew?

Comment

hmmmm... I will be returning from LHR on the 29th august.... hopefully be booked on SQ and will then go into VS CH... can LH C class be allowed entry too??
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                hmmmm... I will be returning from LHR on the 29th august.... hopefully be booked on SQ and will then go into VS CH... can LH C class be allowed entry too??
                No, as VS isn't part of *A. Besides, LH leaves from T2.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  No, as VS isn't part of *A. Besides, LH leaves from T2.
                  okay,... understood, so I must try book on SQ even if its more expensive..
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

On the "book the cook" facility I think I may book as advised and if I dont like same ask them the change - I dont see this being really a problem - Has anybody had to do this in the past and what has the reaction been from the crew?

Never had a problem if i didn't feel like having the BTC i ordered. Not the nicest thing in the world to do I admit, but sometimes, it might have seemed a good idea at the time when you booked, and when you're aboard, something else on the menu catches your fancy.... c'est la vie

Comment

I've just landed on my feet and been booked LHR-SIN-LHR for a work trip on SQ A380 in J both ways!

Outbound I'm on the SQ317, it's good to know that apparently I'll be able to use the VS CH, although to be honest for that time of day the SQ lounge would be fine (presume it's open?)

On the return SQ322 with very early morning arrival into LHR, is there an Arrivals lounge that you can use at LHR? Are you allowed to use the VS Revivals lounge, or another one, or none at all?

Thanks for any info and very much looking forward to my first A380 flights!
                      Check out my Trip Reports at:
                      Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Originally posted by PhilH View Post
                        On the return SQ322 with very early morning arrival into LHR, is there an Arrivals lounge that you can use at LHR? Are you allowed to use the VS Revivals lounge, or another one, or none at all?

Thanks for any info and very much looking forward to my first A380 flights!
                        Travelling in J unless you are a TPP there is no arrivals lounge. TPP and F passengers can access the VS Revivals lounge.

Comment

Last week flying off SIN (to ICN), I had ordered chicken curry BTC. However, my stomach was kind of not well, so right after boarding when the FA came to let me know my BTC choice was indeed available, I told her I would not have the curry. I told her that the crew could have my BTC meal, and that I would probably not be eating at all, and even if I do I would pick something milder from the standard menu.

FA was fine with that, and still right before serving the actual meal, when I asked her if she tried the curry she replied that they would never do that unless the meal service in the cabin had completely finished. Then immediately she asked me again if I wanted to have my curry BTC, which I again politely refused.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                            Travelling in J unless you are a TPP there is no arrivals lounge. TPP and F passengers can access the VS Revivals lounge.
                            Is this still the case at LHR or can you now use the *A Arrivals facilities in T1? I'm on the SQ322 again in May with a 6am ish arrival into LHR and the need to work that day.

I believe the VS Clubhouse is now definitely not allowed for SQ J on the outbound (SQ321)?
                            Check out my Trip Reports at:
                            Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Originally posted by PhilH View Post
                              Is this still the case at LHR or can you now use the *A Arrivals facilities in T1? I'm on the SQ322 again in May with a 6am ish arrival into LHR and the need to work that day.

I believe the VS Clubhouse is now definitely not allowed for SQ J on the outbound (SQ321)?
                              As a Solitare PPS Club member travelling on SQ or Virgin Atlantic, you are welcome to relax in Virgin's "Revivals" arrival lounge in London.

Access is limited to members arriving on SQ322 only; the boarding pass and membership card have to be presented for entry. Members will not be able to invite guests to join them.

Comment

Working...
                              X