Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing flight at the airport to earlier one on same date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing flight at the airport to earlier one on same date?

Hi there. I have a redemption flight booked SIN-LHR on 19th august. I have already flown one of the before sectors so cannot change the flight with bmi diamond club (booked through them). I am booked on sq318 at the moment but would like to catch the 9am flight. Do you think sq qill allow a change at the airport? by the way I am travelling in F.
    Thanks for any helpful responses
    Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Originally posted by pogonation View Post
    No unhelpful responses allowed?

It would depend on the award availability on the earlier flight. You could certainly try it, but be prepared for a no if the award booking class shows no availability. And SQ just might expect you to punt your response over to BD, in which case you're going to be stuck with the rules for return redemptions.

By the way, this is the reason why it's advisable to book two one-ways with BD redemptions: same total miles, more flexibility.

Good luck!
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Cool thanks. I am hoping that it will work. This is a one way. but originated in HKG so I already flown first sector of the one way. I just hope it will be allowed at the airport. I dont see why it should be a problem if there were space on the 9am flight.
      Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

I've managed to do this from LHR-SIN, albeit on paid (but cheap) Y tickets - i.e. turning up early and switching from 321 to 319

They might have been more helpful outstation than in SIN though...

Comment

Hi there. I have a redemption flight booked SIN-LHR on 19th august. I have already flown one of the before sectors so cannot change the flight with bmi diamond club (booked through them). I am booked on sq318 at the moment but would like to catch the 9am flight. Do you think sq qill allow a change at the airport? by the way I am travelling in F.

I tried doing that once, Bangkok to Singapore..... was travelling on a redemption ticket... was told by the counter, no change allowed, unless i forgo what ever miles discount etc etc... I stayed 2 hours more in the lounge....
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Cool thanks. I am hoping that it will work. This is a one way. but originated in HKG so I already flown first sector of the one way. I just hope it will be allowed at the airport. I dont see why it should be a problem if there were space on the 9am flight.
            Please let us know if you were allowed to change your flight to an earlier one based on holding a redemption ticket. I also have a flight on F redemption and like to know if the counter will accept me taking an earlier flight.

Cheers.

Comment

I managed to do this on a reward F flight (issued through AC) at the transit counter at SIN, moving from SQ882 (night flight, 747 SkySuite) to the SQ16 (day flight, 77W).

Good luck pogonation
              Last edited by stargold; 11 August 2008, 06:09 AM. Reason: More details

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                I managed to do this on a reward F flight (issued through AC) at the transit counter, moving from SQ883 (night flight, 747 SkySuite) to the SQ16 (day flight, 77W).
                Thanks for the feedback , hopefully I'll see the same. Cheers!

Comment

Instead of starting a brand new thread, conversely wondering if possible to postpone a F flight from noon to evening (redemption also)...?

Am expecting that the answer is the same? Try but no guarantees (and definitely make it on time to the airport before trying, I'll bet)..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Instead of starting a brand new thread, conversely wondering if possible to postpone a F flight from noon to evening (redemption also)...?

Am expecting that the answer is the same? Try but no guarantees (and definitely make it on time to the airport before trying, I'll bet)..
                    I think to postpone or take a later flight may be a challenge if you dont have a confirmed reward seat or redemption space is unavailable on the later flight. I would imagine airlines would try to fill up space on the earlier flight then to try and make a reward ticket change and help someone book for a later flight in the day. I may be completely wrong here.

I also have a few F reward flights coming up and like to make two sameday changes however there arent any reward seats available on those specific days. On one of the flights I need to see if I can get an earlier one and the other a later one.

Anyway will need to try at the airport. I think taking an earlier one will be lesser of an issue than asking to move one of my existing flights to a later one in the day assuming there is no reward F space available for either of them.

Cheers.

Comment

Remember that you can ask at 3 different places: 1. Check-in counter, 2. Transit counter, 3. Lounge

It might be a bit tricky once you've checked the luggage in, but in an efficient airport like SIN they should be able to put the luggage on the correct flight I would have thought... My bag didn't make it when I switched my flight, though. (There was only an hour or so gap from landing to departure of the new flight, so it's understandable)

Comment

Done that today in KL airport. No problems in changing but no seats available!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X