SIN/SFO Flight Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN/SFO Flight Schedule

Is this a sign of things changing? (A380????)

Just did a search for flights from SIN to SFO in December (7/12/08) and the SQ website is showing SQ2 and SQ16 operating with the usual allocation of 744 and 77W respectively but shows the day of operation seperately although all flights have the same dep/arr times.

i.e.

SQ16 Mon/Thurs/Sat 77W SIN/ICN 0915/1625 ICN/SFO 1730/1105
    SQ16 Tues/Wed/Fri/Sun 77W SIN/ICN 0915/1625 ICN/SFO 1730/1105

SQ2 Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs 744 SIN/HKG 1740/2125 HKG/SFO 2235/1830
    SQ2 Fri/Sat/Sun 744 SIN/HKG 1740/2125 HKG/SFO 2235/1830

Just a website hiccup?

I also note that the 77W takes 1 hour longer to make the trip. Is this because the 77W is slower or due to the different flight path.

wud luv to see times changing, but MEL & the 3rd LHR flt are aming the contenders for the next A380; wish SQ 1/2 go the big bus rather sooooon.

Comment

Seems strange. The staggering on SQ 16 makes it look like the flight might operate with different aircraft during the course of the week. But the M-Th and F-Su distinction for SQ 2 doesn't look like it's anticipating different aircraft. If a single A380 were used for the route in rotation with a Megatop, you'd expect to see M-W-F or something along those lines, not a weekday/weekend distinction. But one can always hope.

Comment

Just got a text from SQFltInfo "... your flt SQ002 HKG-SFO 10 Mar. 09 rescheduled 22:45...." so a dept. 10 minutes latter is no biggy, and just checked SQ website, no changes there yet.

Could be a seasonal adjustment, or...

Comment

I got an SQfltinfo email at my office account about the changed timing on my SQ 002 for Feb. 25th. But what's strange is that my ticket was booked through DL, and I don't think I have ever give either DL or SQ my office email. My SQ flights get retimed all the time because I frequently book way in advance, whether paid or as redemption tickets. But this is the first time I've ever gotten one of those SQfltinfo emails. As for what's changed with my flight, not much. Yet.

Comment

Ah you guys are teasing me. I'm booked F SQ1/2 26 Feb / 10 Mar.
            hvb
            HVB

Comment

Originally posted by soak01 View Post
              I also note that the 77W takes 1 hour longer to make the trip. Is this because the 77W is slower or due to the different flight path.
              The 77W isn't a lot slower than a 744. I suspect ETOPS restrictions. Possibly due to that small blue pond called the Pacific.

As for the next upgauge - fingers crossed for the SFO boys. Not sure when SKG and SKH arrive, the only thing I've heard so far is Q1 with nothing more specific,

This probably means that Oct08/Nov08/Dec08/early Jan09 bookings are probably out of luck, and the only thing more secure is probably an April booking, since i doubt that both SKG and SKH will arrive at the same time - so upgauges could happen (like 318) for only part of a given week during the first quarter.

Comment

Working...
              X