Do LAX station weigh carry-on bags?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do LAX station weigh carry-on bags?

Getting a new laptop while in the US. Wondering if SQ 11 weighs carry-on bags, cuz I'll have my working laptop, and getting a new Vaio shipped to me in a few days.

Originally posted by ws8n View Post
    Getting a new laptop while in the US. Wondering if SQ 11 weighs carry-on bags, cuz I'll have my working laptop, and getting a new Vaio shipped to me in a few days.
    never happened to me in close to 30 trips outta lax on SQ. enjoy the new vaio... i am a sony laptop addict.

Comment

At least one laptop + reasonable amount of books/magazines is exempt from hand baggage limits AFAIK.

Comment

On my recent SQ flights I was flying with my laptop , some other stuff and my DSLR with 2 lenses.
        I weighed it out of curiosity before leaving my house and it was around 7kg , which is allowed as Cabin Baggage.

Comment

Originally posted by rolov View Post
          On my recent SQ flights I was flying with my laptop , some other stuff and my DSLR with 2 lenses.
          I weighed it out of curiosity before leaving my house and it was around 7kg , which is allowed as Cabin Baggage.
          My 1-series + 3 Ls + 2 Flashes + Batteries + 1 Macbook just makes it past the 15kg mark Never had a problem bringing it onboard.

Comment

Any recent experiences with the same topic but ex-JFK? I was hoping to take on a 20" rollaboard + tote or briefcase (in F).

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
              My 1-series + 3 Ls
              Ah the rolls royce of canons

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                Any recent experiences with the same topic but ex-JFK? I was hoping to take on a 20" rollaboard + tote or briefcase (in F).
                So far on my ex-USA flights via SFO,LAX and JFK on SQ, I have not been weighed for carry-ons at all. I usually carry a rollaboard and a laptop bag onboard the plane. My last ex-JFK flight was on Dec last year.

Hope that helps

My 1-series + 3 Ls + 2 Flashes + Batteries
                Thats a very nice setup Wish I had something similar to that but I have always dreaded lugging something so heavy around. I belong to the Olympus camp though

Comment

just be careful of the size of your carry on. If the carry on is too big, the SQ staff would ask you to check the baggage (at the boarding area). Weight is not the problem.

Comment

My 1-series + 3 Ls + 2 Flashes + Batteries...
                    Don't carry my 1D + L's on my trips anymore. Did it once last year and decided it's too much weight to carry around when having connecting flights with change of airport in between. The Ricoh GX100 gives peace of mind and does a fine job for short trips...

Comment

Working...
                    X