Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ228/227 MEL-SIN-MEL downgauged to 773?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ228/227 MEL-SIN-MEL downgauged to 773?

I made a redemption booking for June 2009 on SQ228, and am deliberately overnighting in SIN to get on that flight instead of the earlier SQ238 (connecting on to KUL)... as I'd wanted Skysuites instead of regional F.

However I've now received several indications that the 227/228 rotation might be downgauged to a 773 - even though equipment type on Amadeus and Sabre availability displays are still showing a 744.
    1) When i display my PNR on singaporeair.com - eqp is shown as 773.
    2) On Sabre I get the following notification:
    Code:
     1 SQ 228F 23JUN T MELSIN SS1   350P  935P /DCSQ /E             
    F-CLS SKYSUITE NOT FITTED ON B777 ACFT
    Does anyone have more info on this?

edit: Played around with some dates - the change seems to be wef 01APR2009.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 July 2008, 05:05 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Can't answer you definitively, but can say that in Sabre, the LH codeshare for your flight is showing 773.

If you do get downgraded, I'd be asking to switch to one of the 77W flights.

Comment

Thanks mate, I strongly reckon its a downgauge. But i guess only time will tell.

If a downgauge it leaves them with only regional seating out of MEL for I and O redemptions...

Originally posted by MilesDependent View Post
      If you do get downgraded, I'd be asking to switch to one of the 77W flights.
      Don't think I have that right though? Redemption booking made through a *A partner - AFAIK as far as SQ is concerned they've fulfilled their end of the bargain by transporting me in the class I'm ticketed in regardless of the config. I mean, this is not a situation in which I've been downgraded to a different cabin due to eqp chg. Most happy to be corrected if I'm wrong though...
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I did a little search on SQ website, SQ228/227 for June 2008 still listed as 744.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
          I did a little search on SQ website, SQ228/227 for June 2008 still listed as 744.
          the date in reference is beyond april 2009.

Comment

Could this mean the speculation that the 773s will be be having a refit might be gathering steam? And 2009 is about time they do something about their old seating products.

Because I can't imagine SQ flying those old regional seats to a premium place like MEL.

Comment

Originally posted by zander View Post
              Because I can't imagine SQ flying those old regional seats to a premium place like MEL.
              Or perhaps merely a shortage of big planes (744s rapidly retired; A380s trickling in) and they're focussing on even more premium places like LHR...

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                the date in reference is beyond april 2009.
                Sorry, it was supposed to be June 2009. Typo.

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                  Sorry, it was supposed to be June 2009. Typo.
                  Indeed it's showing 744 when you attempt a dummy booking on singaporeair.com, however it's showing 773 on my PNR ('My Bookings') as well as elsewhere as described above.

Comment

EF displays SQ228 as a 773 on 23 Jun 2009. Not sure which GDS they are using though. However, if i use the individual GDS like Galileo, Sabre or Apollo, it still shows up as a 744.

Comment

Since that there is a shortage of B744's (due to retirement) and no new A380 deliveries...Maybe that the B773 will temporarily be replacing the B744 until a new A380 is out. Since it might be operating SQ227/228 later.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        Don't think I have that right though? Redemption booking made through a *A partner - AFAIK as far as SQ is concerned they've fulfilled their end of the bargain by transporting me in the class I'm ticketed in regardless of the config. I mean, this is not a situation in which I've been downgraded to a different cabin due to eqp chg. Most happy to be corrected if I'm wrong though...
                        I think you have it right. Unfortunate but not much you can do about it.

Comment

773 to 744

keithmel you are right i am in the same boat as u are booked sq 238 for dec returning jan and it was a 773 rang up sq and was confirmed aircraft change so 744 it is and it might be my last 744 trip again with singapore so enjoy every moment. must say love the 744

Comment

EQP on checkmytrip.com has now been updated to reflect 777-300 service for SQ227/228, for itineraries booked for both April and June 2009.
                            Last edited by KeithMEL; 3 August 2008, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Interesting.... EQP now back to 744.

But at least now Spacebeds and Sky Suites are once again available on this route if one doesn't/can't get the 77W.

I have a feeling they salvaged a 744 from the SFO route.
                              Last edited by KeithMEL; 21 October 2008, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X