Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message on Singaporeair.com

Hello,

I am looking to see if anyone else has been getting the same error messge or trouble accessing schedules or fares on SQ's website.

Last weekend (July 18th-20th), I recall seeing a message on SQ's homepage stating their website was undergoing regular maintenance, hence access was not available to schedules or fares at that time.

However for some reason I'm still not able to access fares or schedules and it keeps directing me to the following message:

"The page you are trying to access is temporarily blocked. Please try again from another window/instance of your Internet browser."

The funny thing is that I have not had any problems or changed anything on my computer accessing the site in the past. Nothing has changed on my computer.

I have tried several things including restarting my computer, deleting any cache/cookies and temporary files however just cannot seem to figure this out.

Is anyone else seeing the same error message?

Any help or guidance will be very much appreciated.

Cheers.
    Last edited by SQ All The Way; 28 July 2008, 03:00 AM.

Working fine here on Firefox/ SQ's UK website.

Just some choices to play with :

(a) Try setting to different country.

(b) Have you inadvertently block the website - are you using a firewall? Zone Alarm will give me a pop -up and once a while I inadvertently 'deny' access to myself..

(c) Do you access through your company internet services? Maybe you spend too much time and the Admin blocked SQ site?

(d) Try a different browser

I'll post more if I can think of something.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
      Working fine here on Firefox/ SQ's UK website.

Just some choices to play with :

(a) Try setting to different country.

(b) Have you inadvertently block the website - are you using a firewall? Zone Alarm will give me a pop -up and once a while I inadvertently 'deny' access to myself..

(c) Do you access through your company internet services? Maybe you spend too much time and the Admin blocked SQ site?

(d) Try a different browser

I'll post more if I can think of something.
      Thanks SQFAN for the feedback.

a. I have tried setting it to various different countries, Australia, UK, Canada and Singapore however keep getting the same message.

b. I have gone through singaporeair.com's technical help page to ensure my settings under tools, internet options, security, custom level, scripting and the options for both "active scripting" and "allow paste operations via script are both checked enabled. Again these have always been enabled. I have checked the other options based on SQ's technical website and all seems to be good.

c. I have a corporate laptop however have not accessed SQ's website once I am logged onto the corporate network. I have been accessing SQ's website from home when I am not on my company network. Also there are other sites I frequent more such as sqtalk.com and flyertalk.com which seem to be working just fine. I have also been to aircanada.com more often than on singaporeair.com and AC's website works just fine.

d. The browser I have is internet explorer (corporate laptop with company installed browser) hence I may not be able to switch to another browser. I havent upgraded the browser to a newer version or a different at this time.

I have looked around SQ's website to see if I can send an email to their technical online dept however dont see any contact info specific to this. Any recommendations or an email address on who I can contact at SQ?

Thanks in advance.........arghhhhhhhh it's so painful........

Cheers!

Comment

Just get back thro SQ feedback website.

BTW, are you allowed to install firefox on your laptop?
        Check your firewall settings.
        In addition, you can go thro SQ website by routing it to another server - those anonymous site.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          Just get back thro SQ feedback website.

BTW, are you allowed to install firefox on your laptop?
          Check your firewall settings.
          In addition, you can go thro SQ website by routing it to another server - those anonymous site.
          I wouldnt be able to install firefox however I just upgraded my browser to IE ver 7 and tried accessing fares/schedules on SQ's website and still get the same error message.

Not sure on how I go through SQ's website by routing it to another server?

Anyway, I am going through SQ's site to see if I can get an email address for the tech support......

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers.

Comment

If you're using IE7, try this...

Click on Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced tab. Down the bottom click the "Reset" button. That has fixed websites that don't work for me in the past...
            matt_will_fix_it

Comment

I have had the problem in the past. Did not have it anymore. Probably you have tried it out already, I often logged in to get the booking page to work.

Comment

I tried the reset button on IE7 based on your advise. After that, I completely shut down my computer, unplugged everything, modem, cables, etc and then reconnected all cables and restarted everything again. Still getting the same error message once I have selected my flights to book and it goes to think and then pops up with the error message outlined in my original posting below. Now I am thinking it's probably something to do with my IP address as you folks are able to access through IE or other browsers.........

Hmmmmmm.......

I sent an email with feedback to SQ and am waiting for their response.

Hopefully I'll hear soon.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers.

Comment

Does the booking work from another comptuer on your same internet connection?

Have you got any browser toolbars enabled? If so, disable them...

Also try deleting all of the cookies... go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Browsing History Settings --> View Files & delete everything in there...
                  matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Hello, just want to post feedback that my error has been fixed. Not sure what was wrong however I received an email from SQ's local office stating the site was working just fine and werent aware of any issues. I logged in late that night and bingo, everything seems to be fine. Mirracles do happen!

Thanks all for your feedback and especially matt_will_fix_it.....it's much appreciated!

Cheers!

Comment

I haven't had any problems using the website par-se, its just that it won't quote me a fare which includes multistop itinerary including LAX for March/April. I have tried other dates/months and the same error happens.

It will give me a fare for ADL/LAX/ADL with no stop-overs but if I try booking seperate flights so that I can have a stopover in SIN (i.e. ADL/SIN, SIN/LAX, LAX/SIN and SIN/ADL) I keep getting an error message that a fare is not available through the website.

However, if I enter:

ADL/SIN, SIN/SFO, SFO/SIN, SIN/ADL; or
                      ADL/SIN, SIN/SFO, YVR/SIN, SIN/ADL

there is no problem and I get fares of $2696 AUD or $2707 AUD respectively. As I said, if I don't want a stopover, no problem but anything else including LAX no joy. As a result rather than going through an agent I may end up booking through the website to SFO (at least I get the choice of 77W or maybe if I'm lucky A380 and get to select my seat at the time of booking) and will look at VX to fly SFO/LAX.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

Comment

Working...
                      X