Seat Reservation on Economy Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Reservation on Economy Class

Can we reserve specific seats on Economy class? Will preference be given to PPS member?

Any clarification is appreciated!

Yes if you book online thru SQ website.

Comment

Originally posted by tris View Post
      Can we reserve specific seats on Economy class? Will preference be given to PPS member?

Any clarification is appreciated!
      If you book on the SQ website, you will be able to indicate your choice of seats. Otherwise you can call Reservations and make a request for seat preference, which i have done many times.

Row 31 (the bulkhead in the front section of Economy is usually blocked off for PPS, Not sure if you could get lucky with this.

For emex rows, children is definitely a no-no. You'd also be asked if you are willing to operate the emex in times of emergency.
      Last edited by SINFJ; 21 July 2008, 12:40 AM. Reason: Thanks matt for reminding

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
        Otherwise you can call Reservations and make a request, which i have done many times.

However if you call Reservations, I believe you can only select your preference of window or aisle. I've never had any luck with specific seat selections.
        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

You can ask reservations to leave an airport request for a particular seat, so that when they take over the flight for preparation, they can see the request and action it. For example, you can ask them to make an assignment for Seat 31C, and usually if 31C is still available D-3 then the airport will see the request and try to assign you 31C themselves.

You can't, however, make an actual seat assignment for a particular seat over the phone, as said previously.

Comment

Digging up an old thread.

The request for seat preference (in Y) by calling Reservations, is this available to all (i.e. non-KF or travelling on discount tickets) or only for PPS?

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
              Digging up an old thread.

The request for seat preference (in Y) by calling Reservations, is this available to all (i.e. non-KF or travelling on discount tickets) or only for PPS?
              It is available to everyone.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response.
                Sorry, another question: What are the chances of getting SQ fufilling the request?

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                  Thanks for the prompt response.
                  Sorry, another question: What are the chances of getting SQ fufilling the request?
                  You mean choosing aisle or window? My request for aisle seat had always been fulfilled by SQ. But I still don't know why from time to time, they put me in a window seat when I requested for an aisle seat so I had to call back to fix it.

Comment

Yes. Planning to request a window seat actually.

Comment

Working...
                    X