Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the pram stored ?

Hi folks,

Am bringing my baby to langkawi on 23 July'08 (on MI flight from SIN).
    Anybody knows where the baby pram is stored ? Is it inside the cabin or in the cargo hold ? I asked friends who travelled with babies before and nobody could give me an answer (I suppose they are not into such details).

cheers
    Acey

Cargo hold.

Comment

You can push the pram all the way to the aircraft door, then fold it up securely - the crew will tag it and it'll be brought down to be stored in the cargo hold.

On disembarkation, you will have to wait near the aircraft door for it to be brought up from the cargo hold, so expect some delay.
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
        You can push the pram all the way to the aircraft door, then fold it up securely - the crew will tag it and it'll be brought down to be stored in the cargo hold.

On disembarkation, you will have to wait near the aircraft door for it to be brought up from the cargo hold, so expect some delay.
        Is it possible to check-in the pram instead to avoid the need to wait for the pram to be brought up from cargo hold on arrival ?

I can put my baby on the airport trolley.

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
          Is it possible to check-in the pram instead to avoid the need to wait for the pram to be brought up from cargo hold on arrival ?

Checking in the baby with the mother-in-law will solve all your problems.....
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post

Yes that's what I always do. Can't be bothered with bringing the pram up to the aircraft (more activity is better for toddlers anyway so they sleep sooner on the plane) and don't like waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
              Yes that's what I always do. Can't be bothered with bringing the pram up to the aircraft (more activity is better for toddlers anyway so they sleep sooner on the plane) and don't like waiting for it.
              Yes, if you check in the pram, it will be treated almost like any other baggage - it'll be tagged (including priority tags if any) and you won't have to bother with it until you wait for it at the baggage carousel at your final destination airport.
              (Not sure whether it counts as a bag though, ie whether it counts towards the total baggage weight or as one piece of baggage). Can anyone clarify ?

I normally check in the pram(s) when travelling with my kids - it's convenient and you don't have to wait for it at the aircraft door side at your destination.
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

I was told before that if you bring kids with you, the pram's weight is not counted towards your baggage limit.

Comment

Working...
                X