Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solitaire PPS Baggage Allowance From/To U.S.A.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
    I'm confused, I thought the 23kg thing was only for America/Canada bound flights, while all other flights remain at 20kg/30kg/40kg Y/J/F?
    I dunno.

When checking in at the F area at T3, the guy next to me was going to New York and was 3kg over the allowed 23kg. SQ asked him to take 3 kg out. I don't know what class he is in, F maybe?

I on the other hand was flying to NRT in F connecting to Canada on AC but had 26kg and only one bag. SQ tagged it all the way and tagged a 'Heavy Baggage' on it.

So I think they feel that as long as its not on their metal going to Canada/USA, its fine?

Comment

When checking in at the F area at T3, the guy next to me was going to New York and was 3kg over the allowed 23kg. SQ asked him to take 3 kg out.
      It goes for all classes traveling to USA... Checked in bags are not allowed to be heavier than 23kg. Most of the time when people are over the 23kg limit, SQ provides a box and ask them to put the access clothing and they check them in... It happens to my sister once, so she has 2 big suitcases, and a tiny box that weigh 2 kg. I hear its to protect the workers (porters) health and well being or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
        I hear its to protect the workers (porters) health and well being or something like that.
        No. OSHA requirements are 32 kg max per bag, not 23 kg.

Comment

hah. this is an interesting one for me:

i have a RTW ticket that also leads me to the USA. i am a star gold but not PPS, so it's 30 kilos, 1 bag for me?

thanks
          Home is where your heart is.

Comment

flo, as I understand it, your checked bag cannot exceed 23 kg.

In Economy, you are, however, allowed 2 pieces of luggage (each not exceeding 23 kg), and *G bumps your privileges up by one additional bag (again not exceeding 23 kg in weight).
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

perfect thanks!
              Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Working...
              X