Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New uniform for the boys and new instruction Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New uniform for the boys and new instruction Video?

Notice the new uniform for the boys today, it looks nice, but hard to tell the ranks between them especially for a night flight where everything is dark ... i guess you can use age as a guide line ...

But what interested me more is notice there are a new video gets showed when the krisflyer system gets turned on. It basically a video instruction on how to turn the new J seats to bed and back again. Which I never noticed before. I was in the SYD -> SIN on 773ER. (admittedly last time I was on the new J product was a few month back, so might not be that new)

Whats interesting about the video is that
    1) SQ seems want to make sure passengers can convert the bed themselves without asking the FA to do it, as in the video, there are FA just working past the passenger who is converting the seat without stop and help, very un SQ like

2) the video also make a mistake of the guy actually secure the seat belt underneath the blanket, rather than what SQ keep telling us to do it outside the blanket ...

Thats my 2c on the new video ...

Originally posted by gMaster View Post
    Notice the new uniform for the boys today, it looks nice, but hard to tell the ranks between them especially for a night flight where everything is dark ... i guess you can use age as a guide line ...

But what interested me more is notice there are a new video gets showed when the krisflyer system gets turned on. It basically a video instruction on how to turn the new J seats to bed and back again. Which I never noticed before. I was in the SYD -> SIN on 773ER. (admittedly last time I was on the new J product was a few month back, so might not be that new)

Whats interesting about the video is that
    1) SQ seems want to make sure passengers can convert the bed themselves without asking the FA to do it, as in the video, there are FA just working past the passenger who is converting the seat without stop and help, very un SQ like

2) the video also make a mistake of the guy actually secure the seat belt underneath the blanket, rather than what SQ keep telling us to do it outside the blanket ...

Thats my 2c on the new video ...
    The new bed conversion instruction video is not new. It has been there since SQ first launched the product with 77W back in December 2006. Despite what SQ prefers regarding pax turning down the bed themselves, SQ girls and boys are always happy to offer help. I have experienced that in almost all of my flights in C on both 77W and 380. One time, this SQ girl even insisted that she converted the bed for me despite me telling her I knew how to do it myself. It was a very good gesture from her.
    Last edited by UMD; 7 July 2008, 12:37 PM. Reason: Date Change - Thank to SQ LPP for reminding that my old age brain is not functioning as well as it used to be.... :winks:

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
      The new bed conversion instruction video is not new. It has been there since SQ first launched the product with 77W back in October 2006.
      Correction: First flight for 77W was to CDG early December 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Correction: First flight for 77W was to CDG early December 2006.
        Thanks....I forgot you and DFP were on that inaugural flight.

Must be an old age...it is just not as easy anymore to recall dates.

Comment

The video may not be new, but I have noticed it is not always played. On my last A380 flight SIN-SYD, the video was played throughout the cabin. On my last 77W flight SIN-SYD, the video was not shown at all.

Comment

Working...
          X