Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which USA route will get the A380 first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ forever View Post
    airbus is to deliver sia 1 a380 in september 08 & 2 in jan 2009.
    That was the plan prior to the fifth round of delays. I hear that SQ management are quite unhappy that 9V-SKG and 9V-SKH will be delivered after the peak travel season of the Lunar New Year. This might trigger another round of compensation for late deliveries.

Comment

According to this BusinessWeek article on the A380, SFO will be the first U.S. city to receive the SQ A380.

... and in early 2009, Singapore Airlines will begin service between Singapore and San Francisco.
      http://www.businessweek.com/globalbi...711_685607.htm

Comment

Maybe when they get their 2 in Jan? I hope so, I'm booked om 1/28 SQ1 and return on 3/10.

I would love to be on the inaugural SQ 1

Comment

Originally posted by Lie_flat_seatlover View Post
          Maybe when they get their 2 in Jan? I hope so, I'm booked om 1/28 SQ1 and return on 3/10.

I would love to be on the inaugural SQ 1
          Sorry, stating the obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Blast View Post
            According to this BusinessWeek article on the A380, SFO will be the first U.S. city to receive the SQ A380.
            That SFO will get the A380 from SQ first before any other North American city
            seems like a good bet.

Whether or not it's with SKG/SKH in early 2009 or some later frame remains to be seen yet though.

Comment

Unless SQ changes its pricing policy, and allows A booking class inventory on A380s, the whale jets are not good news for those of us in North America who frequently use either FEZSQ or *A RTW fares........

Send 'em ALL to Oz!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                seems like a good bet.

Whether or not it's with SKG/SKH in early 2009 or some later frame remains to be seen yet though.
                Are those SKG/H birds not going to be delayed beyond Q1 09, anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                  Are those SKG/H birds not going to be delayed beyond Q1 09, anyway?
                  They will certainly be delivered in H1 2009, unless something completely unexpected happens.

Comment

Are you saying that Q1 is indeed out of the question?

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                      Are you saying that Q1 is indeed out of the question?
                      The new production schedule hasn't been announced yet, so we just don't know. Airbus have not even announced whether the new target production rate after ramp-up will be two per month or three per month.

It looks like 9V-SKG and 9V-SKH are likely to be delivered in March or April. Since what matters to SQ is what they can get before the Lunar New Year peak travel season, I could imagine SQ pressuring Airbus to deliver 9V-SKG in January or early February at the expense of 9V-SKH slipping into Q2. SQ do have quite a bit of clout with Airbus.

Comment

I read in press reports that it would be San Francisco. Isn't this true?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          seems like a good bet.

SFO being first is great (since I fly out of there). Think we will be spared the "380 fee" because there are no other 747 flights out of SFO as mentioned in the BW article?

Comment

Originally posted by abraxis View Post
                            Think we will be spared the "380 fee" because there are no other 747 flights out of SFO as mentioned in the BW article?
                            There is no such thing. Suites Class costs more than First Class, but that's because of the seat not the aircraft. The new long-haul Business Class costs more than the SpaceBeds, again independent of aircraft type.

Comment

Working...
                            X