Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using SQ stopover service for hotels any downside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using SQ stopover service for hotels any downside?

Hi there the wife and I have a 2 day lay over in SIN on the way to SYD and was thinking of useing SQ stopover hotel service.

The Ritz Carlton millenium is much cheaper useing SQ service than booking direct,though the only info given is a twin room, would the hotel give there worst room to us as its so much cheaper £285 as to £455 for a twin/king
    I
    was wondering what people thought of this service as to booking direct/internet with the hotel

Thanks skooby

every time i came into SIN i booked a SQ stopover holiday. never had a problem with it, though i always stayed at the Meritus Mandarin (my precious!) ... I guess you should be allright booking an SQ stopover holiday!

Question: if i book my flight ticket on another airlines but come in on SQ metal and fly out on SQ metal, can i book a SQ stopover holiday?

Cheerio!
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
      Question: if i book my flight ticket on another airlines but come in on SQ metal and fly out on SQ metal, can i book a SQ stopover holiday?
      IIRC it's the operating airline that counts, not the airline stock you're ticketed on. So long as you're flying on SQ you'd be right. No idea about codeshares though but from memory you're booked on the SQ flight codes so it's not an issue.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        IIRC it's the operating airline that counts, not the airline stock you're ticketed on.
        That's right, it's the BP that counts.

@skooby: I've always found that there was a cheaper deal (including full stay / points credit) direct with the hotel than with the SQ stopover package. Good on you if you found otherwise -- in that case, I'd take the stopover deal.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Agree with what Sir jjpb3 said. If the deal from the Stopover Holiday is cheaper than the other offers, then you should take it. Indeed the package says for twin room, but of course you can ask or request for king bed in your booking, or else, send e-mail request for one-bed for both of you, instead of separate bed.
          But I am not so sure though whether GBP285 a night is a reasonable rate for Ritz Carlton. Should be lower through their own website. Or other higher end hotels should be lower than that.

Comment

Thanks for the info

the rate is actually for both nights alltogether.

As i have no kisflyer point and the like it does seem to be cheaper than i can find direct with the hotels or on the internet, just dont want to be give a duff room because im on the cheap rate.

Skooby

Comment

skooby this could be worth mentioning: when my daddy was booking the meritus mandarin over the singapore stopover holidays back in the days, we almost always got ... well ... not soooo good rooms. like not the good view etc. ... could be bothersome for some but i don't really care

cheers, flo
              Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Working...
              X