A Special Item For taipeiflyer In This Summer KrisShop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Special Item For taipeiflyer In This Summer KrisShop

I heard (Hope my hearing is functioning well. ) that taipeiflyer loves Johnnie Walker Blue. Well, in this summer KrisShop, there is a new item JOHNIE WALKER BLUE LABEL KING GEORGE V EDITION. It's SGD566 compare to SGD205 for just JOHNNIE WALKER BLUE LABEL.

In 1934, John Walker and Sons was awarded a Royal Warrant of Appointment as Scotch Whisky Distillers to His Majesty King george V. This Special Edition blend, which celebrates the awarding of the Royal Warrant, is a rare expression of the Johnnie Walker blend, style and tradition from this era. Rare oak casks have been used to age precious whiskies crafted in distilleries in existence during the reign of king George V. The result is a highly distinctive whisky, smooth with age and regal in its maturity. Encased in a crystal decanter placed carefully in a special silk-lined presentation box, this limited edition whisky is truly a collector's item for connoisseurs. The Noble Choice indeed!
    And if you buy a bottle of Johnnie Walker today (on board), you could be the lucky winner of 2 Grandstand tickets to the world's first F1 night race. Any bottle, blue, gold or black label.

For your comparison, at the Duty Free in FRA, Blue Label King George V costs EUR405. And for regular Blue Label, it is EUR140.

Hmmmm....

I bought a 750ml of Blue @ TPE duty free yesterday for SGD160...and had the bottle engraved for free.

For those that are unaware, there is a JW Blue Label store at TPE. Really really nicely done store and they will laser engrave anything on the bottle for you...including the bottle talked about above. Then they gift wrap it and give you a very nice card with it.

Dorian

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      you could be the lucky winner of 2 Grandstand tickets to the world's first F1 night race.
      Forget about the race tickets - just give me a hotel room which doesn't cost the earth!

Comment

When i was in Singapore in May i tried to get a bottle of the King George V edition of JW Blue...all sold out at DFS (which sells them for 555 SGD)...i then bought a JW Blue 750ml bottle for 203 SGD (at DFS), only to see that the KrisShop was selling it for cheaper...however i would have had to order it in advance...so its all good

But yeah I want to get a bottle of the KGV edition...here in Canada it sells for 615 CAD in Ontario and 690 CAD in Quebec... 1 SGD = 0.75 CAD ...needless to say UBER CHEAP!! (May 2007 1 SGD = 0.70 CAD)

I want to go back in August and hunt down a bottle ...hahaha my father wants to send me back to bring him back these "goodies"
        I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

Thanks SQ LPP

Unfortunately my next SQ flight is at start of trip not end (thus no duty free booze for me ).

Comment

SQ LPP, you are a total prince! the only bad thing... is that they NEVER offer even JW Blue on the taipei-lax route anymore. =( it is amazing how much the offerings have declined on the route in just the past two months... last time, there were three red wines listed on the wine menu, but they only loaded one. they might as well cut the route right now... after two years of experiencing completely full planes on the route, on my last two trips, it has been less than 1/2 full on the route due to the crappy schedule. but with the 10% PPS discount, the King George comes in slightly cheaper than at the TPE DFS. I have an F trip to Sin in July and an F trip in Aug to Mel, so maybe i will pick up a bottle on one of those routes and enjoy it with a couple of fellow SQTalkers!

Comment

For your comparison, at the Duty Free in FRA, Blue Label King George V costs EUR405. And for regular Blue Label, it is EUR140.
              yikes, that is way higher than TPE DFS. Chang Kai-Shek, it is only 80 euro... if anybody in SIN wants some, let me know, and i will pick it up and deliver it to SIN when i am there in early july.

Comment

I heard (Hope my hearing is functioning well. ) that taipeiflyer loves Johnnie Walker Blue. Well, in this summer KrisShop, there is a new item JOHNIE WALKER BLUE LABEL KING GEORGE V EDITION. It's SGD566 compare to SGD205 for just JOHNNIE WALKER BLUE LABEL.

Cheap compared to their Blue Label 200th Anniversay Edition which retails for £2,000 a bottle in the UK.

Then again that is a bargain compared to the top of the line Single Malt Whiskies. The Ardbeg Double Barrelled Single Malt has a RRP of £10,000 (but you do get two bottles for that so it only £5,000 per bottle).

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  Forget about the race tickets - just give me a hotel room which doesn't cost the earth!
                  Bingo! I wonder how their occupancy levels look like for the period?

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                  only £5,000 per bottle).
                  gosh I sure hope somebody's not already saturated with other cheaper and poorer spirits when consuming this

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                    is that they NEVER offer even JW Blue on the taipei-lax route anymore. =(
                    The JW Blue is available in F service. Now TPE has no F. Hence no JW Blue.

Anyhow, for another comparison, at NRT, the King George costs 42,000 yen and the JW Blue regular costs about 15,400 yen.

Comment

The JW Blue is available in F service. Now TPE has no F. Hence no JW Blue.

Anyhow, for another comparison, at NRT, the King George costs 42,000 yen and the JW Blue regular costs about 15,400 yen.
                      sorry sq lpp, i didn't clarify. what i meant is that they don't offer JW Blue thru Kris Shop. They used to load it for Kris Shop on the 77W, but now they don't load it anymore on the 772. I meant that it could not be purchased on-board

Comment

Are you sure that is a change in policy vs just none available on your particular flight? In the past I've had some items I've particularly wanted where it took several flights before they had it onboard.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                          SQ LPP, you are a total prince! the only bad thing... is that they NEVER offer even JW Blue on the taipei-lax route anymore. =( it is amazing how much the offerings have declined on the route in just the past two months... last time, there were three red wines listed on the wine menu, but they only loaded one. they might as well cut the route right now... after two years of experiencing completely full planes on the route, on my last two trips, it has been less than 1/2 full on the route due to the crappy schedule. but with the 10% PPS discount, the King George comes in slightly cheaper than at the TPE DFS. I have an F trip to Sin in July and an F trip in Aug to Mel, so maybe i will pick up a bottle on one of those routes and enjoy it with a couple of fellow SQTalkers!
                          taipeiflyer, I intend to get the King George V laser-engraved in TPE next week (so if I arrive next Friday 20th June, can I order it for laser engraving and pickup on the following Monday 23rd June?). I hope that is sufficient time, how long does engraving take with them? Do they do it on the spot?

How much does it cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            taipeiflyer, I intend to get the King George V laser-engraved in TPE next week (so if I arrive next Friday 20th June, can I order it for laser engraving and pickup on the following Monday 23rd June?). I hope that is sufficient time, how long does engraving take with them? Do they do it on the spot?

How much does it cost?
                            i am sorry kyo, i really do not have an answer for that. i did not even know that this was offered for the king george V, but i think it is pretty cool to get done. what i would do is pick it up at duty free on your incoming flight and then take it to the johnny walker shop inside the eslite bookstore located across the street from the mitsukoshi plaza. i believe they would be able to accommodate you much better than at duty free. hope this helps.

Comment

Laser engraving is free and done on the spot. I even did all the work on the computer...the typing and font choice.

There were 3 girls working at the time and I was the only customer. The laser took about 45 seconds to do the work and they took about 5 minutes to very nicely gift wrap the box and put a card with it.

Additionally they gave me (ie: free) two 200ml bottles of JW Black and a shot of JW Blue while I waited for the wrapping.

Hope this helps,

Dorian

Comment

Working...
                              X